Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan

Arjun, who was travelling swiftly with Krishna, was a bit sad with the fact that he couldn't meet Subhadra before his departure... On the other hand, Subhadra was sure about her marriage with Arjun... She was happy... She knew that now Balaram would come to know about Duryodhan's real self...

As Arjun and Krishna reached Hastinapur, Yudhishtir was happy to see them

As Arjun and Krishna reached Hastinapur, Yudhishtir was happy to see them... He informed them about the part of the kingdom that he chose... Arjun wasn't ready to wait... He wanted to go to Khandavprastha and plan the best palace for his brother... But what Krishna told them was shocking for everyone...

Khandavprastha was the region which was totally occupied by the Nag

Khandavprastha was the region which was totally occupied by the Nag... The king of the Nags, Takshak was Indra's friend... And he doesn't like the humans.. According to him, Humans doesn't understand the Nags and kill them unnecessarily... Due to this, he requested Indra to protect them... Thus protected by Indra, Takshak used to live with his subjects and his family in the forest surrounding the barren land of Khandavprastha... Due to his promise, Indra, the god of thunderstorm and also the king of Gods, never allowed rain to fall in the land of Khandavprastha making it ineligible for human stay...

If any human tries to create a human settlement in that place, Nagraj Takshak and his subjects succumb them to death... And if by any chance the warrior survives the poison of the snakes or defeats them by any chance, the warrior had to fight with the king of the Gods Himself... And in that the defeat was evitable... So, human settlement in that region was totally out of human reach...

When Yudhishtir heard everything, he was shocked and disheartened... Earlier he had heard about the Nag thing but never thought that it had reached to levels such that King Indra Himself is helping them to keep their enmity against them... He had heard about his earlier ancestors who had established their capital city in Khandavprastha... Yudhishtir wanted to reestablish the lost kingdom...

Seeing the King in such a tension and conflict of mind, Krishna told him... Bhratashree, I told that war with Indra Himself is inevitable... But that doesn't mean it's impossible... We'll surely flourish in the war and establish our kingdom on the place...