Part 42 : Planning Of War

On the other side, Duryodhan and Shakuni had already chalked out a way to make the Pandavas suffer...

Duryodhan and Shakuni had already went to Jarasandh to ask for his help in defeating Pandavas...

In Magadh

Shakuni with his high intellect had already perceived that Yudhistir would do the Rajsuya yagna... He had taken permission from Dhritarashtra to go to Magadh with Duryodhan to talk with Jarasandh as a representative of Hastinapur and Dhritarashtra, being blind in son's love, had accepted the proposal...

Shakuni : Chakravarti Samrat Jarasandh!!! We are from Hastinapur... Kindly protect us Samrat

Jarasandh : I'm not Samrat, though I'll surely become if I perform the Rajsuya yagna

Shakuni : Yes we know Samrat... But for us you're our Samrat... Samrat we need your help... How can we consider someone else as Samrat when it's you who rule us and is the most capable to rule the whole Aryavart?

Jarasandh : What do you mean?

Shakuni : Samrat... Maharaj Yudhistir wants to perform Rajsuya yagna. We wish your protection Samrat... Please help us...

Jarasandh : Ok tell me what do you desire and how can I help you?

Shakuni : Samrat, wage a war against those enemies... I promise that soldiers of Hastinapur and Gandhar will assist you...

Jarasandh : I don't need anyone... I'm alone capable of destroying them...

Shakuni : As you wish Samrat...

Jarasandh : Now you both may leave...

Shakuni and Duryodhan left the area and started their journey towards Hastinapur...

Duryodhan : Mamashri, have you seen how much self obsessed he is? He doesn't need any help that's fine but how can he think that he alone can destroy everything? Does he even know them and how much powerful they are?

Shakuni : Listen son, we don't need to think anything... We can't wage war against them as they are our relatives and that old fellow won't ever allow you all the permission... Also if he isn't there with you, there's a chance of getting hurt by these Pandavas... So it's better to use Jarasandh... It's heard that he isn't born normally... His father was without any heir... So he served a renowned brahmin who came to his kingdom to visit him... The brahmin, who got pleased with his service gave him a mango and advised him to give the fruit to his queen... Now the king had two queens... So the king cut the fruit into two halves and fed both the queens... Both of the queens got pregnant but they both delivered two halves of a normal baby son...

The king was very sad with this event and to forget the sorrow, he threw both the halves in the drain... The demoness Jara used to reside in that drain and saw the child... She was happy to get such a good meal after a long time... She started carrying them to her home... On the way, she thought to adjoint both the halves to help herself to carry them as the halves were really heavy...

As soon as Jara adjoined the halves, the baby started crying, coming back to life...

The king, listening to the cries came to the place... Demoness Jara handed his child to him and also told that it was impossible to kill him in any ways. The only way was to again tear his body into halves and throw them at far distances, otherwise the halves will get adjoined again...

So my son, it's a win win situation for us... If Jarasandh wins, Pandavas will die and Krishna then will help us or else, Jarasandh will die in the hands of Pandavas and we'll get rid of this nasty ruler...

Duryodhan : Great Mamashri... I hope Jarasandh succeeds...

Shakuni : Let's leave now... We will anyways receive the news...

In Indraprasth

The three princes got ready in saint attires and left for Magadh as per their plan...

Let's see what happens there... Readers are free to talk about any changes they prefer in the story