Part 32 : The War For Survival

Arjun was unaware of all these danger that his Subhadra was suffering...

On the other hand, as per their plan, Duryodhan and Shakuni both went to take Subhadra to Hastinapur to make her marry Duryodhan

But when they reached the place, they realised that Subhadra had already ran away...

Shakuni was totally angry... He sent his whole army to look for Subhadra...

On the other hand, the charioteer came to Balaram to give him all the news about Subhadra's elope and about Duryodhan and Shakuni...

Hearing this, Balaram was very angry... And he even wanted to wage a war against them... But the tension of Subhadra kept disturbing his mind...

He thought of talking to. Arjun and Krishna about the whole matter...

As Arjun and Krishna came to know about this thing, Arjun was very tensed... He knew the danger of this path... And never wanted Subhadra to go through those...

He went and talked to the charioteer and asked him few questions which led him to know that Subhadra had taken the jungle road... And is definitely in danger...

He went to Yudhishtir and asked for his permission to wage a war against the Nags... To save Subhadra...

Though Yudhishtir was reluctant and didn't want him to wage a war at that instant, he didn't find any way to stop him from that...

And finally... Arjun took out his quiver to destroy the whole forest and bring back Subhadra

As he prepared for the war, he saw Krishna standing there...

Arjun went to Krishna and hugged him... He lamented his sorrows asking him why did Subhadra had to went through all these...

Krishna consoled him saying whatever happened happened for good...

Krishna told him that he's with him and will help him whenever he needed him...

Arjun, getting the required strength, attached his arrows with his bow and fired all of them instantly...

As his arrows entered the forest, the nag subjects started running away vigorously to save them...

The king of the Nags, Takshak went out to fight with him with all his strength but got severely injured...

Takshak, called out to Indra, to ask him to save them from this heavy rain of arrows...

Indra came to him and said him that it's his son who wants to establish a kingdom and would never allow any injustice to them... As his elder brother is an incarnation of dharmaraj himself...

Takshak was angry at him... He said that it's his discrimination... He always protected them when kings from different places tried to create a civilization there... But now as his son is here, he will side with his son and will leave them to die there...

Indra said that as he had promised he'll go and wage a war against the Pandavas... But he also told Takshak to prepare himself... As he may not be able to gain victory over every king coming there to take over the land...

Takshak urged Indra to fight with his every power to save his land and the colony... Indra promised him to do whatever it's in his power to save them from human captivity...

As Indra came in front of Arjun, the sight of his own son firing arrows bravely and firmly made him proud of him...

He wanted to bless his son... But the situation demanded otherwise...

He called out to Arjun in a voice that made thunders strike on Earth...

Indra : Putra Arjun... You know this right, that this barren land is inhabited by the nags and I have promised them to protect them from getting captivated by humans... And if you want to settle a civilization here, you have to fight with me...

Arjun : Pranipat Pitashri... And yes I know everything that you said... And I too have promised my subjects to protect them...

Indra : Putra... Go away... I don't want to kill you... Live your life and forget this barren lands...

Arjun : But Pitashri... You said you don't want your nag subjects to get captivated or get injustice... But we don't have any such mindset...
In this holy place, Dharmaraj Yudhishtir will establish his independent kingdom... And no snakes will be subjected to injustice or captivity... I'll make sure of that....

Indra : What do you need Arjun? I don't think you fired arrows at them just without any reason...

Arjun : Pitashri I want you to bless this land with your divine rain and help us establish the kingdom... As it's your blessing, the kingdom will be known as Indraprastha...

Indra : And what about the injury that Takshak has got?

Arjun : He has taken away Subhadra with him and kept her there... I want her back... And that's why I started this war at the first place... After Takshak returns her, my brothers will cure his wounds...

Indra : I really feel proud to be your father, Putra... You have given me everything a father wants from his son...

Arjun : I'm happy to meet you Pitashri...

Indra : Don't worry Putra, as you have promised me the well being of the Nag clan, I'll surely help you in establishing a kingdom... I'll send the best of architects among the Gods, Vishwakarma, to help you in this... And about Subhadra, I'm returning her to you in the state in which she was before entering the forest... I'll even heal Takshak's wounds... Bless you Putra...

Arjun : Thank you Pitashri...

As Indra disappeared from his sight, he saw Subhadra appearing from a distance... Running towards him... As he hugged Subhadra tight, and told her about everything that had happened, Subhadra felt very happy to meet the love of her life and marry him...

As their talks ended, Arjun saw a gigantic palace built up in the barren land... He was happy that Indra kept his promise...

He hold Subhadra's hand and took her to the elders...

Sorry readers... I was actually depressed thinking that this story is getting a bit boring as per the rankings it got... And so I discontinued to write... But few days back, I got few emails regarding the comments I got and felt that I should update the story as it's getting more love than I had ever expected... Thank you all so much for the support...

And if anyone wants to suggest anything about the story, please message me about it and I'll surely give your idea a thought... Thank you again... Enjoy reading...