Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest

Arjun knew that Yudhishtir won't allow him to say all those against his dearest brothers... So he thought of going against it...

It was better for him to reveal it all to the other pandavas... But he thought of arranging few things at first and then telling everything about it...

With this, he went to a free space in the palace where no one passed much... He took his bow and arrow and spelt few mantras...
As soon as he released the arrow from the bow through the bow string, the arrow hit the earth beneath and it went deep down the earth... A deep hole was formed in the place which had enough space for them to rest and sleep...

He then went inside and released another arrow so that the hole opens up somewhere in the area far from the palace... When he finally could open up the area and made successful arrangements for the runaway, he came up, not before concealing the opening area...

He then released another arrow which concealed the place properly where the hole was made.... Arjun marked the place to remember about its location...

He then went to his brothers and narrated everything to them... Regarding his thoughts and his findings...

As usual, Yudhishtir couldn't believe how low his brothers had stooped...

He went with Arjun and saw the pillar which Arjun had examined... Everything got clear in front of him...

But the most difficult thing was to control Bheem's anger... When Bheem got to know everything, he got uncontrollable and wanted to destroy the Kauravas at that instant...

Yudhishtir ordered him not to lose his calm... On the other hand, Arjun sent a message to Karna about the situation...

Karna, on receiving Arjun's message, got tensed... But he knew that one wrong move can destroy everything...

He quickly sent a message to Arjun stating that they should save themselves but the Kauravas shouldn't know about that... Otherwise they may plan something else to kill them...

Arjun told everyone what Karna had said to him earlier... And to fulfill Karna's advice, they needed to survive on fruits or any other eatables brought from other sources apart from the ones given to them by Purochan...

So, according to their plan, they used to stay in the hole at the night and ate the fruits brought by Arjun from the jungle where he went everyday to know the safer and shorter route to escape...

The days passed by... Purochan never left a chance to please the royal family unknown to the fact that they knew everything and didn't ate anything served by him...

On the day of Amavasya, Kunti started a Puja to protect her family and called all the people to attend a feast arranged by them...

As they were poor people, the subjects ate food that was much greater in amount than what they usually ate... In that feast came a tribal woman along with her 5 sons... They ate so much that they couldn't even stand properly... So though everyone went to their home, they stayed back with the royal family...

At the night when everyone slept, Arjun and Bheem made the palace catch fire and they went away... As they escaped, they saw the huge flame from the palace visible to them...