Part 15 : The War

After the anxious and sleepless night of all the prince, came the dawn... And the rising sun saw the 105 princes assembled in front of the main gate of the Hastinapur Palace...

Guru Dronacharya came and checked the spirit of the princes... He geve the responsibility of being the general of the 105 princes to the eldest son - Yudhishtir...

Duryodhan quickly calculated that the rule of the war said that the credit of the loss or gain in the war is given to the general...

That meant that if the Kauravas won, the credit would be Yudhishtir's... Again if Pandavas won, the credit would be Yudhishtir's...

And if he let that happen then he can't even dream of getting the throne... Ever...

So he decided to intervene...

Duryodhan : Gurudev... If we 105 brothers will go, then there will be 2 teams... Pandavas and Kauravas... Kauravas doesn't need the help of them... So the general of Kauravas will go at first and that's me...

I won't allow that traitor Yudhishtir to take credit of my gain...

And if we 100 brothers can't win, there isn't any chance that these 5 will win...

So if you agree we'll go... Otherwise we 100 brothers won't go...

Yudhishtir knew that Duryodhan had something playing on his mind...

Yudhishtir : Alright Duryodhan... We agree to your choices... Come let's go now... We can't stop a student from giving the alms to his Guru... It's Adharma... And I can't do that...

Arjun wanted to say something but didn't...
He knew many warfares and tactics which was totally unknown from others... Even if Guru Drona gave away his everything to him, Arjun took special teachings from Karna too, who taught him many other techniques and skills...

Duryodhan too knew that Arjun was the most favored among them... And he knew much more things than them... So to finalise his victory, he asked Arjun to accompany them... But Arjun declined saying the credit of my knowledge and skills should go to my eldest...

With this, as per the plan, Duryodhan and his other 99 brothers went to the battlefield...

Maharaj Drupad was the disciple of Maharshi Bharadwaj, the father of Guru Drona... So he knew everything that Drona knew... And that led to the difficulty... As Arjun was favored more, Guru Drona taught about the Chakravyuh and about its rule to him only... But the others were unknown to it... But Maharaj Drupad... He knew the rule too and in the battlefield he imposed Chakravyuh...

As the princes entered inside one by one, they got caught as they didn't knew the rule of breaking it... After getting caught, Duryodhan got very angry... He knew that his dream of getting the throne was crashed that too mercilessly...

At the last moment came the Pandavas... As Arjun knew about the war tactics, he successfully broke the Chakravyuh and entered inside... Finally, he found Maharaj Drupad...

Maharaj Drupad was a great warrior... He tried to disarm the Madhya Pandav... But disarming him was very difficult... He, after a vicious war, imprisoned Drupad...

When Arjun brought Drupad in front of his Gurudev, Drona got the revenge of his insult... He told Drupad that he just wanted his friendship... But he (Drupad) was the one who said that friendship happens among the equals... So he (Drona) took away half of his kingdom to stabilise his condition as well as friendship...