s i x

Monday 2nd April 2024

Lucia Quinn

"Hey Max, I'm going now!" I yelled from the lounge area of our hotel suite. Luckily because we now have two weeks till the next Grand Prix the team doesn't have to leave till Wednesday morning, so me and a couple of girls from every racing team on the grid decided to go out tonight as we haven't been out since last season. "Do you have to go?" Max whined as he wanted to go out to dinner "Yes, I haven't seen most of them yet this season" I smiled turning round to face the man child standing in his bedroom door way "You're wearing that!" He let his jaw drop at my nude colour dress, pink wrap heels and my hair up in its natural curls in a bun. "Yes, now if you need something call Fin" I told him "Fine. But text me you're ok every now and again" He asked "Ok I will" I agreed as it was Max sort of complying to leaving me be whilst I was out "I'll see you later then" I gave him a brief hug and rushed out the door as the girls were already down stairs waiting.

👤 luciaquinn
📍Miami, Florida

👤 luciaquinn📍Miami, Florida

•.

.•

Liked by maxverstappen1, marysmith and 6,892 others
luciaquinn Girls night 💕

View all 321 comments

_

===

Getting to the 3rd place of the night, it was a nightclub. All 16 of us stumbled in, already tipsy and some drunk.

Getting a drink at the bar a man came up behind me and snaked his arm round my waist, turning round to shove him off my heart stopped. It was him. The fucker that caused my anxiety attacks, he's the reason I have to be on medication and have take it daily.

Staring at him wide eyed, I somehow got my arm up to try and shove him off but he grabbed my wrist "Ow Jack" I whined "Hi babe, miss me?" He shot me a sneer "Fuck off" I said through gritted teeth "Now that's no way to speak to me, is it?" He gripped my hip bone and pulled me to him tighter "Stop, please" I whispered trying not to let out a sob from the overwhelming feeling that was washing over me "Listen you bitch" - he spat - "You're going to come home with me, you understand?". Trying to squirm away he digged his fingernails into both sides of my hips making me let out a gasp from the sudden pain "You know what happens when you say no Lu" Jack whispered into my ear, my skin crawled from the nickname as I hadn't heard it since he last called me it over and year ago.

Feeling my heart beat faster and faster I placed my hand over my chest trying to get it to slow. Jack moved my body into his and planted multiple kisses on my lips and cheek as he fiddled with the hem of my dress. Please no. I let a tear fall from my eyes as I was frozen, I was screaming from the inside to get him to stop and calling for one of the girls but the anxiety attack was forbidding me to move. Starting to move his hand higher up my thigh, Jack moved his other hand to my face and gripped my jaw so I was looking at him, he gave a malicious smile and kissed my lips that he was squishing with his hands, again and again.

"Lucia, are you ok?" Sophia, McLaren's coms manager asked. Thanking my lucky stars, Jack let go and smiled at Sophia like he was doing nothing. Hyperventilating even more I ran into the women's bathroom and I locked myself into a stool.

I scrambled through my bag to find my phone. I only wanted one person.

So I called him.

Max Verstappen

Sitting on the sofa in my and Lucia's hotel room, I couldn't stop thinking if she was ok. Where was she? What is she doing? Is she drunk?

I'm not her boyfriend though, as much as I want to be I don't think she feels the same.

I let out a sigh and my phone rang "Lucia💙" picking it up instantly, all I heard was delicate little sobs from her end "Cia? What's wrong? Where are you?" I franticly asked already standing up and looking for my shoes and keys "T-the club. P-please Max he's here" She tried to get her words out but choked on a few because of the cries "Lucia what club?" - I franticly looked round the hotel room for my plain Nike cap and my sunglasses - "Sweetheart who's there? I'm coming to get you" I opened the door, running down to the valet to collect my car "C-club space" she whispered "Stay where you are Lucia, I'm on my way" I started to sprint so I could get to her as quick as I could.

===

Storming into the nightclub I looked at the text Lucia sent me "Bathroom" was all it read. I opened the womens bathroom door in a rush and called out for her. A bathroom stool door opened and revealed Lucia sitting with her legs up to her chest, shaking and tears still falling from her eyes. Rushing towards her, I crouched and wrapped my arms round her. She clung onto my T-shirt for dear life "C-can we go back to the hotel. I don't want to be here anymore" She said with a muffled voice as he head was pressed onto my chest "Let's go" I helped her up, picked up her purse and tucked her under my arm to help her out the back where my car was waiting.

Getting back to the suite, she was still crying "Cia what happened?" I asked sitting on the back of the sofa so I could look at her as she stood in between my legs "H-he was there" She cried and let her head rest on my shoulder "Who was there sweetheart?" I rubbed her back to try and calm her down "M-my ex boyfriend" she let out a loud sob like she was remembering the encounter all over again. I didn't know much about her ex, but all I know is that it didn't end on the best note and I'm guessing from the state she's in, seeing him again didn't go very well either.

Not wanting to push her anymore, I let it go for now and helped her get to her room. "Come on Cia, you can't sleep in your dress" I mentioned as she went to get into bed, she let out a small sigh through the continuous sobs "Hey hey it's ok, I'll get you something" I quickly said. Not wanting to rummage through her clothes, I went to my suitcase and grabbed one of my T-shirts for her to wear.

I handed her the t-shirt and turned round whilst she changed, I then helped her take her jewellery and makeup off as she was so physically and mentally drained everything she did was causing her to cry harder. Moving the covers for Lucia to hop in she hugged me tight, catching me off guard I wrapped my arms round her "You're ok Cia, you're safe with me" I kissed her head.

===

I ended up laying in bed with her whilst she fell asleep. She had now been asleep for a half hour and there was a tear puddle mark on my T-shirt where they had kept falling.

My racing engineer was snuggled tight into me and had her head on my chest and my arms were wrapped securely round her. I'll stay here for just five more minutes...