t w e n t y - o n e

Tuesday 4th July 2024

Lucia Quinn

Waking up in my house in Milton Keynes, snuggled up with Max, I took a deep breath in and a smile grew on my face. "What you smiling at?" Max mumbled as he opened his eyes "Just you Maxy" I whispered "Yeah? Well then I'll give you something even better to smile about" He wrapped his arms round my waist and pulled me on top of him "Max!" I gasped "What?" He tilted his head all cutely "No, I need to shower" I went to get off him "Then let me join you" Max grabbed my hand "No" I laughed and carried on getting off the bed and into the en-suite bathroom "Please Cia, please! I promise it will be worth it!" Max gave me his best puppy eyes "Fine, come on" I placed my hands on my hips as I looked at him "You don't have to tell me twice sweetheart" Max raced off the bed and then picked me up bridal style before getting in the shower.

===

"So I was thinking" Max walked out the bathroom in just a towel whilst I sat on my makeup vanity chair to put my moisturiser on "Oh god" I looked up at Max "Shut it, anyway I was thinking that as my home race is next weekend we should flyover this weekend so we can spend a few days in the Netherlands" Max smiled "Ok, sounds good Maxy" I replied, excited to see where Max is originally from and where he grew up.

Saturday 8th July 2024

Lucia Quinn

Standing in the private airport with Max and his trainer, we met Victoria, Lio and Luka there as we were going to fly all together. "Are you excited?" Victoria asked once we were all sat on the private plane "You bet. I've never gotten to properly visit Amsterdam" I smiled "You've been here for past races? No?" Victoria questioned "I have but I never really left the hotel apart from going to track" I shrugged, knowing full well it was due to my anxiety "Well, I'll have to show you some of the best spots" Victoria winked my way before turning her attention back to her two boys.

"Can I get you anything to drink Miss?" The air hostess asked once we were in the air. I do want a wine, but I've taken my anxiety medication and I can't mix them so I opted for a water instead "Of course, I'll go grab it for you now" She smiled and walked back to the front of the cabin. "No wine Lucia?" Sophie asked "No, not today" I smiled "Mhm ok, I'll let you off the hook. But only this once" Sophie laughed and then returned to her conversation with her daughter.

"You ok sweetheart?" Max placed his hand on my thigh "I'm alright Maxy, just tired" I smiled "Well then why don't you sleep, we still have another couple hours" Max raised his other hand and caressed my cheek with it "Yes boss" I let out a soft chuckle and rested my head on Max's shoulder, feeling him kiss the top of my forehead a small smile appeared on my face before I fell asleep almost instantly.

===

"Auntie Cia, auntie Cia" Lio whispered and my eyes slowly opened "Yes my love?" I smiled and then quickly took in my surroundings and found I was now the only one in the back section of the plane as the others had moved up and partly shut the door as I presume not to wake me. "C-can I sleep here? With you?" The little boy questioned and a smile grew on my face "Of course you can Lio bear" I moved over so he could climb up and he got straight up onto my lap where he proceeded to curl up and rest his head on my chest. Wrapping him up in my arms I rested my head lightly on top of his and fell back asleep as I listened to his soft breaths.

Max Verstappen

Sitting in the lounge area with my family, we quickly realised Lio had snuck off somewhere "I'll go check up the front" Vic got up out her seat as that's where we found Lio last time, trying to get in the cockpit "Just in case I'll go look at the back" I got up as it was also an excuse to go see if Lucia was still ok.