t w e n t y - n i n e

Friday 27th August 2024

Lucia Quinn

First race back after the summer shut down and we're here in Monza.

👤 f1wags

•.

.•

Liked by user0185, user4956 and 28,930 others
f1wags Lucia Quinn! Pictured for the very first time [And the first time being posted on here!] arriving at the track after her and Max announced their relationship over the summer! @luciaquinn

View all 189 comments

__

Standing in the Red Bull garage with Max's mechanics we went over the car one last time to make sure everything is perfect and how it should be. "Lucia! Good to see you" Christian Horner walked over "Hey Christian, how was your break?" I asked as I turned round to face the team principle "It was nice, Gerri and I took the kids to Mexico" He replied "Ver nice! Is Gerri here this weekend? I haven't seen her in ages" I asked "She is! She's up in the hospitality, I'm sure she'd love to see you. However I need to speak to you and Max first. Do you know where he is?" Christian asked "I believe he was making his media rounds but that was 2 hours ago" I looked down at my watch "He must be in his drivers room" I carried on as Max is always in either of 3 places on a race weekend, making media rounds, in the garage or in his drivers room "Ok thank you, can you meet me in my office? and I'll go grab him" Christian smiled as I nodded and then he went straight to find Max.

Standing in Horners office, like a child had been called into the head masters office, Max and I waited for him to say something, both unsure as to why we were here. "So now you two have announced to the public about your relationship, firstly both of you will need some media training as these are unusual circumstances as racing engineers don't usually get in a relationship with their driver. Secondly, I need in writing from you Lucia, that this won't cloud any judgement from your end. And if it does, whilst this pains me to say, you will have to move teams. However no one on this team would want that to happen, so we will try to minimise the very difficult decisions for you to make. Do you both understand?" Horner said, as if he had rehearsed it "Uh, yeah of course" I nodded "Yep, noted" Max said "Perfect, I'll have the contract for you to sign on your desk by Wednesday morning next week Lucia" Christian told me "Ok, you'll have it back later that day" I replied "Thank you both for complying and understanding. Now get back to your jobs" Christian shooed us out as he had some emails to get to and I had to get back to the boys as we need to review some lap footage from last season.

Walking out Horners office with his arm slung over my shoulder, I linked my fingers with his that were draped over my collar bone "Have fun with the car sweetheart" Max stopped outside his drivers room "And you with the group interviews" I grinned knowing he despised them "Hmm" Max rolled his eyes "I love you and I'll come find you after" He kissed my lips "I love you too, see you later Casanova" I pecked his lips back and then skipped back into the garage as I had wasted enough time today already.

Max Verstappen

Walking with the Red Bull Racing comms manager to the media building I was met with McLaren's Lando Norris, Ferrari's Charles Leclerc and Mercedes Lewis Hamilton. "Hey boys" I shoved my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and greeted all 3 of them one by one with a fist bump "Hi mate" Lewis grinned "How's Lucia?" He asked as I learn against the wall waiting next to him "She's good, currently reviewing last years laps around the track" I replied, a smile on my face as I get to talk about my girlfriend with one of my friends "Be ready to answer a shit tone of questions about your relationship with her, you know the press are ruthless" Lewis warned me "Don't you worry, I was briefed on the way here about it" I replied, not ready for the intrusive questions that are bound to be asked in the next 20 minutes.

Sitting in the seat in between Lewis and Charles, adjusting my self as everyone got ready to ask questions, of course they came to me first "Max, how are you feeling after the summer break?" Sky news asked "Nice and refreshed, ready to carry on the season" I replied "Good, good. You went on holiday with Lucia Quinn, your racing engineer who you then confirmed on social media that you two are together. How's that working during the race weekends?" They antagonised "Yep, we work amazingly well." I nodded "Care to elaborate?" The interviewer continued "Nope" I replied "How long have you know Lucia?" The interviewer asked "Since 2017" I answered the pointless question "But yet you only just confirmed your relationship after Lucia got the role as your Racing Engineer?" The dickhead implied Lucia only got the job because of me "Enough questions on my girlfriend, thank you" I rolled my eyes as the interviewer got the message and swiftly moved on to Lando and his summer.

===

After being released from the hell that media interviews are, I made a b-line back to the garage where I knew Lucia would be.

Finding her talking to Checo whilst cradling his youngest on her hip, I stopped and stared for a little. My mind wandered to our future. Our own children? How many? Would we get married? Where would we live?

Approaching the two, Checo held out his hand for me to shake which I took and greeted him "Hey Maxy" Lucia wrapped one arm round my torso as the other was keeping Checo's child attached to her hip "Hey sweetheart" I kissed the top of her forehead "Well aren't you two so cute" Checo beamed making me chuckle and Lucia's cheeks go a gorgeous shade of pink.

Passing Emilio back to Checo Lucia said goodbye and I placed my hand on her lower back, guiding her back to my half of the garage.

"Are we done here boys?" I growled, really wanting to leave with Lucia so we could get back to the hotel "Yeah we're all good" Mike one of the engineers said which was music to my ears "Perfect guys, everything looks amazing. I'm needing everyone to be here for 10am sharp as we need to look at some data from last year" Lucia told everyone and they all gawked at her then nodded. "See you tomorrow then guys" Lucia waved as I was basically dragging her out the garage by her hand.

===

👤 luciaquinn

Liked by maxverstappen1, landonorris and 45,183 others luciaquinn Feelin' good to be back 💚💜

luciaquinn Feelin' good to be back 💚💜

View all 304 comments

user2004 Who do we have to thank for you being there? Oh yeah it's Max!

myramadden Obsessed with you!
^~>luciaquinn Love u <3

maxverstappen1 ❤️❤️

user3056 So pretty 🥹

maxverstapfan Another day, another time Lucia's using Max! 🤣🤣

__