f o u r t e e n

Tuesday 19th May 2024

Lucia Quinn

A month later and Max was still trying to convince me to stay at his apartment for the Monaco grand prix weekend that was in two weeks time. "Max the team have already booked a hotel room for me" I looked at him over my desk "So? Please Cia, just stay with me" He continued "You know you're sounding like a child right now?" My brows pinched together "Well maybe if you agreed, I wouldn't have to act like a child" Max replied making me laugh "Alright fine, I'll stay with you. But only because I miss your spare bedrooms bed" I pointed at him "See it wasn't that hard was it" Max relaxed back into the seat "Right well, can you let me get some work done now?" I questioned as it was 11am and I still hadn't done anything "Fine I'll leave you to do some work, but I'm coming back for lunch" Max got up and then left once he finished his sentence. 

Weirdly Max and I had fallen into a routine [when he was in Milton Keynes] where we'd go to work together, sit, work and chat for two hours, he'd leave and then come back at around 1ish so we could get lunch together, come back to my office and do some more work whilst Max completed some sim training and then by 6pm we are both done for the day and Max would drive me back home.

===

"Good morning Christian" I walked into his office for our weekly post race de-brief meeting "Morning Lucia, I won't keep you long this time as we had a quick meeting at the race" Christian replied and I sat opposite him at his desk "So, from Max he said it was a decent race however the DRS having an issue opening again was the reason behind him finishing P4. The engineers were saying it was an issue they couldn't fix there, when the car gets back to the factory they will need to take it apart more and tackle it like that, as most likely the whole rear wing will need to come off" I told Christian "Ok perfect thank you, I'll oversee and can I also have you oversee the mechanics assessing the DRS and rear wing" Christian asked me "Of course would love too" I smiled "And I know this week is already hectic for you as you're in the Amber Lounge charity show on Saturday, so I really appreciate it" Christian smiled "Now go have lunch, there's a loiterer outside my office waiting for you" He pointed to Max outside his office leaning on the desk where Mary works "Thank you, I'll probably see you next in Monaco with the way our busy schedules are this week" I gave Christian a smile and walked out his office toward Max.

"Did you have to wait there? like we are back in secondary school, waiting for your friend to finish their lesson?" I asked Max as we walked to the food hall that was in the Red Bull head quarters "I was just waiting for you Lucia" Max raised his brow at me "Yeah and Christian noticed" I smiled "So?" Max questioned "So, he would probably think that we're together" I said "And what's wrong with that?" Max asked "Well first of all, we're not together" I laughed "Y-yeah right" Max removed his eyes from my face and shoved his hands in his pockets.

Wednesday 20th April 2024

After talking to the engineers about the rear wing, which took 5 hours as I ended up taking it apart with them, I left the office and went home as I had to pack for Monaco. And due to me being in the Amber Lounge charity runway show, I was flying out 2 days earlier than the rest of the team because the show is taken seriously and I needed to have a fitting for both my dresses before the show on Saturday.

"Max?" I questioned as the 6 foot man sat on the stairs, in the dark, leading to my front door "Cia" He looked at me, wide eyed "Max, you're drunk. Oh god, Max it's a Wednesday! We've got to get on a flight tomorrow morning!" I crouched to his level "Come on" I tried to pull him up and get him inside before anyone walks past and releases who it is.