s e v e n t e e n

Sunday 1st June 2024

Lucia Quinn

"Max are you ready to go?" I asked as I stood at the entry hall of his apartment "Yep, Do you know where my sunglasses are?" He said back as he came into view "On the kitchen island" I replied and he went to grab them.

"Lucia" Max said before I opened the door, I turned to face him and he pulled my body towards his. Kissing me, I kissed him back "And one for luck" He pecked my lips again, making my head tilt backwards as I laughed.

👤 kymillman

Liked by user385, user2891 and 12,893 others kymillman Lucia Quinn! The racing engineer enter's the paddock behind Max as she dropped back due to a sponsor approaching the driver

kymillman Lucia Quinn! The racing engineer enter's the paddock behind Max as she dropped back due to a sponsor approaching the driver.

View all 293 comments

_

===

Standing with the head set on, on the grid I stood with Max and his car. Whilst he was holding the umbrella fans yelled his name so he and I walked over.

Waving to the fans in the grand stands, a few took pictures and started to chant both out names. "Omg" I look at Max and he smirked back, nudging me with his elbow. Turning back to the crowd, I lifted my arm back up and waved at them once more before Max was called back over to the car.

"Drive safe Maxy" I gave him a hug before he got in the car "Always Cia" He replied and I then walked back to the pit wall.

"Radio check Max" I said down the radio "Loud and clear Quinny" Max replied like he always does "Ok perfect, just so you know Lando behind you is on Mediums and Leclerc next to you is on Softs. The midfielders are all on Hards and the back markers are varied between Hards and Softs" I told Max about who had what tires around him "Ok, copy" Max replied and I let go of the radio button as we were seconds away from the formation lap.

Watching the cars race round the track as they passed the pit wall, Max was in P1 but still had to pit and I had to call him in on lap 34 and we're on lap 29.

"Box, box. Box, box" I said down the radio "Ok, confirm" Max replied and 30 seconds later the Red Bull was having its tires changed from Mediums to Hards. With the pit stop being 2.3 seconds, I turned round to the pit crew and gave them a nod as they had fixed whatever issue they had last week. "How long was the stop Quinn?" Max asked "You were stoped for about 7 seconds however the pit stop only took 2.3 seconds" I replied "Perfect" He replied and I chuckled to myself.

===

Crossing the line in the P1 spot, Max cheered down the radio "Well done Max!" I beamed "Letsss goooo!" Max replied.

Getting off the pit wall to stand out on the grid as the cars had now been parked, luckily whenever Max had either won or placed on the podium I had been there and always given him a hug so it's never been out of the ordinary. "Cia!" Max yelled and then ran over to me almost knocking me over backwards "Max!" I laughed "That was an amazing drive Maxy" I looked up at him "For you" He whispered in my ear before releasing me as he had to go up on the podium.