f o r t y - f i v e

Friday 3rd November 2024

Lucia Quinn

"You know if you keep pouting like that, your face is going to get stuck" I laughed at the 27 year old who had just been told off by Horner "Why can't I go out in FP1?" He whined "Because you have to let Dennis have a drive" I laughed "But that means I'll have to share you" He looked straight at me and I shook my head "Don't be so dramatic Max. It's only for an hour" I replied "Fine, but I'm sitting listening the whole time" He grabbed a head set "Yeah, yeah I'm sure you will" I smiled.

"Dennis can you hear me?" I asked down the radio as he settled into the car "Loud and Clear Lucia" He beamed and I saw Max's jaw clench as he listened "Perfect, take it easy out there" I replied "Don't worry I won't break Max's car" He laughed "It's not me who's worrying" I laughed back as Max's leg bounced up and down on the stall next to me.

As Dennis turned every corner you could see Max's face cringe, hating the fact he's not in control of his car. "Relax Max, he's the reserve driver for a reason" I placed my hand on his thigh "Yeah, I don't share" He mumbled "You've got to learn how to share Max" I replied, acting like I was talking to a two year old. Max playfully scowled at me and we both laughed before retiring our focus back to the screen and Dennis.

===

"Nice driving Dennis, that's the end of FP1. You can practice a start if you want" I said down the radio "Amazing. Don't give me all the credit there Lucia, having a good racing engineer always helps" He said back and "Let me see the practice start" Max barked down the radio, catching Dennis' attention and I rolled my eyes, protective much?

Saturday 4th November 2024

"Max!" I squealed as he slung me over his shoulder "We have to go!" He replied and placed me down by the front door where my shoes were placed "Alright, alright" I giggled "Oh and remember Netflix are with us today and tomorrow. So don't. Be. Rude." I pointed my index finger at him "Don't worry, Horner briefed me yesterday about it" He held his hands up "Good" I smiled and we then left for track.

Driving, Max placed his hand on my thigh and I traced his hand with my index finger. "I love you Max" I hummed as I turned my head towards him "I love you more Lucia. Forever and always" Max's hand gripped my thigh and my heart melted.

Feeling this way was new for me, I'd only ever had one boyfriend before and that ended on my having to be on anxiety attack medication for the foreseeable future.

"You ok Cia?" Max asked pulling me out my thoughts "More than ok" I smiled and we carried on driving till we reached the track.

Pulling into a space, Max stopped the car and then rushed round to open my door. "Sweetheart" Max smiled as he held his hand out to help me out the car "Maxy" I smiled back as I shut the door.

Walking towards the turnstiles, Max and I held hands as we passed some fans, waving back we continued till we had to stop and scan our passes.

"I have to go see Myra, her and Elliot are here" I said as Max scanned his pass "Ok, I'll see you in a bit" Max kissed my cheek and he then made his way to Red Bull racing hospitality as I went to the paddock club.

👤 f1wags