s e v e n t y - s e v e n

Tuesday 4th September 2025
Lucia Quinn

"Seriously Max, where are we going?" I huff as I take another step "Come on baby, I promise we are almost there" Max turns round to chuckle before holding out his hand for me to grab.

When I woke up this morning and Max asked me to get ready for a walk, I was hardly expecting a hike. Let alone one through the woods. "You said that 20 minutes ago" Max was now basically dragging me through the forest as he weaved us through the trees.

"Here" Max said as we reached a clearing and we had a view of the forest we'd just trekked through and then his family home where the large lake just out the back had the sun glistening off it.

"Max, what are we doing up here?" I asked as I reached the edge of the clearing, wanting to get the entire view "Max?-" I repeated his name as I didn't get an answer first time round.

Spinning round to see where Max was, my eyes landed on his behind me. However he wasn't towering over me like he usually was, he was down at my torso height on one knee. "Lucia Ocean Quinn" He gleamed and then opened the Tiffany blue box in his hand, revealing the most gorgeous ring I'd ever seen. It was a Emerald-cut 5 carat diamond, with smaller round diamond's encrusted into the band. "Max" I whispered which was barely audible as my hands covered my mouth.

"Lucia Ocean Quinn. From the moment we met, you've captivated my heart and soul. And I can say with all honesty, our relationship has been the most real thing I've ever had in my life. I always had an idea about the man I wanted to be and I knew I'd get there. I just didn't know how. Then I met you. I realized to become the man I was meant to be took you pushing me to be that person. I've grown emotionally, spiritually, and I'm madly in love. The most precious things aren't found in the simplest of circumstances - a rose, while beautiful, can be wrapped in thorns... but it's embracing the thorns that lead us to a love that can last through anything. Lucia, I know our love was slow to start, but it's a light that will burn forever. I know you had a label on me from the beginning, but these are the only labels I want: husband, best friend, lover, protector, father to our children. The moment I started falling in love with you was when I would watch you run that pit like you owned the team, having everyone's attention as soon as you would go to speak.
When I looked into your blue eyes I just knew that... Like a ship without a sea,
Or a song without a melody,
I don't know where I'd be or what I'd do 'Cause I was meant to be with you. I'm madly in love with you. I want to support you in your dreams and make you happy for the rest of your life. Lucia Quinn, will you marry me?" Max Verstappen, the 4x World Champion, poured his heart out in front of me.

Tears blurring my vision, I threw my arms round him. "Yes Max, a thousand times yes" I tightened my grip round him "I love you" I sobbed as I released him and he slipped the diamond onto my ring finger "I love you too sweetheart" Max crashed his lips into mine.

Wednesday 13th September 2025

After spending the last week in our own little bubble and was able to celebrate our engagement with the people closest to us, it was finally time to let the rest of the world know as both Max and I will be at the track tomorrow and the ring will be spotted from a mile off.

👤 luciaquinn and maxverstappen

Liked by pierregasly, landonorris and 7,452,199 others luciaquinn It's a forever kind of thing ❤️

luciaquinn It's a forever kind of thing ❤️

View all 43,082 comments

f1 Congratulations guys!!

user40185 omg!! An F1 royal wedding 🥹🥹😭🩷

charles_leclerc ❤️❤️

maryaspinall Stop it 😭😭 crying rn!!! 🩷🩷

pierregasly Congrats guys 🩵🩵

landonorris So happy for you 🧡🧡

victoriaverstappen My soul sister will officially be my sister in law 😭😭❤️❤️

myramadden Whoop whoop!! So beyond happy for you guys 💜

maxverstapfan Literally mum and dad 🥹🩷

__