s i x t y - t h r e e

Tuesday 5th December 2024
Lucia Quinn

"Thank you Max" I smiled as he hauled the last box into my new home in Woking. Funnily enough, I now live down the same street Lando used to before he moved to Monaco. "Hey, can we talk" Max said as I shut my front door "Y-yeah of course" I nodded and Max led the way into my kitchen.

"Lucia" Max breathed as he turned to face me "Baby, I am so sorry. For everything, the way I treated you after the accident I could never forgive myself for. You never deserved the things I said and did" He said with a shakey breath "I love you with my whole heart. The thought of losing you breaks it into shatters, the past couple days before and after the Ceremony have been nothing but hell. I realised the way I was treating you and it made my gut wrench" Max's eyes filled with tears "Oh Maxy" I placed my palms over the top of his cheeks "I will forever be showing you how much I love you and need you. Lucia I can't live without you" Max sniffled "Max, I could never not love you" I smiled, grateful the man informs if me had returned to his soft self "You have to understand that it will take time to get back to where we were. What you did hurt me deeply" I continued "I know Cia, and I will do everything in my power for you to be able to forgive me" Max pulled me in so I was closer "I know you will baby. The way you acted wasn't you, but you have to promise me that it won't happen again" I looked up at him "I promise Cia" Max nodded, tears flowing "Just talk to me ok? I can help, I would do anything to help you Maxy" I searched his eyes, hoping he knew the lengths I would go to for him "I know you would Cia. And I couldn't thank you enough" Max wrapped his arms round my waist and held me tight "I love you Lucia, thank you for giving me a chance" Max placed his forehead on mine and I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop the tears. Oh Max, I would give you infinite amount of chances.

===

"Are you still spending Christmas with us?" Max asked as we were all settled down on the sofa to watch a movie on my laptop as the TV wasn't up yet "Yeah of course, I promised Lio" I replied "Ah" Max laughed, clearly hoping my answer would involve him "Plus we have a trip to go on beforehand" I nudged him "You still want to go?" Max questioned with a slight enthusiasm "Of course, I've been looking forward to this trip since we planned it in summer" I replied, and it was true I had been counting down the days. "Do you know how excited I am to spend time with you and have your undivided attention?" Max smirked "No? How much?" I teased and then a second later Max had hauled me on top of him "A lot" He whispered and then his lips crashed into mine. My god, I've missed him.