e l e v e n

Sunday 15th April 2024

Lucia Quinn

Rushing around my room as I had to leave in 5 minutes I hobbled back and forth until my knee gave in and bucked from beneath me. "Oh shit" My knee smashed against the carpeted floor.

Laying on the floor for a solid 3 minutes unable to get back up. I finally mustered the strength to sit up and slide back to the bed, now leaning against the bed frame and I found Max's name in my phone to call him so he can come help me.

"H-hey Max, have you left yet?" I asked him "Just in the lobby Cia. Are you not coming with us?" He replied "Max I need your help, it's my knee. I can't move" I winced "Ok Cia, I'll be right up" Max said and then I heard him say goodbye to the people he was travelling with to the track.

Max swung open the door as he had an extra key card "Lucia!" He called out "My room" I yelled back and he appeared through the door a couple seconds later "Cia! Here" He said picking me up off the floor and then placed me on the edge of my bed "What happened?" He asked grabbing a towel and then ice for my knee "I was rushing and my knee gave in" I replied taking the makeshift ice pack from his hands "Right let me call Dr Fox, I don't think she's left yet" Max grabbed his phone and called our teams doctor.

"Ok she's on her way, do you need anything?" Max walked back into my room "Nope. How was I the only one who fell off my stool?" I laughed "Well you were sitting right on the edge" Max sat next to me "Yeah" I smiled and looked at him. He stared at me and I stared at him, the smile growing bigger on my face. Max leaned forward and rested his forehead on mine "Luc-" Max was interrupted by a knock on the door who I presumed was Dr Fox.

Following Max into my room the mid thirties lady beamed with joy and quickly pulled up my trouser leg to see the damage.

"Right Missy, I have a knee support for you and some painkillers. Keep the support on for about two weeks and it should be good as new but if you want me to check it before, you are welcome anytime ok?" Dr Fox tightly strapped my knee and then handed me painkillers "Thank you! I appreciate it" I smiled "You're very welcome, I'll see you at the track" She got up and then left.

===

Getting helped out Max's car as I know couldn't bend my leg, I walked down the paddock with a slight limp which Max kept laughing at.

Almost instantly, photographers were flooding the entry way, yelling my way asking how my knee was and if I had seen Lance since. "Our paths haven't crossed yet. But it was an accident, and I hope he's ok from the impact on the wall yesterday" I smiled and then scanned my pass.

"Very forgiving of you Cia" Max chummed in as soon as we were out of ear shot of the photographers "What can I say, I'm just a very forgiving person" I replied smiling "Yeah right. How come you never forgive me like that?" Max asked "You just annoy me a lot more" I shrugged playfully "Shut up" Max rolled his eyes and then shot me a grin.

👤kymillman