s e v e n

Thursday 5th April 2024

Lucia Quinn

Max and I hadn't spoken about Monday night. He asked me about it Tuesday morning, after I found myself wrapped up in his arms, but I told him to drop it because I didn't want to talk about it. And I sure as hell don't want him to know that side of me, the weak and vulnerable Lucia.

After Max dropped me home yesterday, I went straight to bed to hibernate for the next couple days as I have them off from work.

===

"Hi dad" I smiled as I walked into my childhood house at 9am "Hello Honey" He pulled me into his arms "How have your first three races been?" He asked eagerly "They have been so good. I've loved every second" I smiled as we sat in the lounge "I'm so happy for you Lulu, and your mother would be so proud, just like I am of you" Dad smiled as he spoke about my mum. Unfortunately she died a couple years ago due to breast cancer. It was not only the hardest time in my life as I was starting my F1 career it was also for my dad and I had to act like a pillar for him to lean on not the other way around so I've never really been able to process fully that she's not here any more.

===

After spending the next two hours with my dad and telling him about Hungary and Miami I said goodbye and went back home.

iMessage

Max Verstappen
You weren't in the office
today?

Nope. I had the day off :)

Max Verstappen
I only went there to see
you 🥲

I thought you flew back to
Monaco today?

Max Verstappen
I'm flying back now, I
stopped at Red Bull as I was on
my way to the airport.

Lucky you :)

Max Verstappen
How long do you have off?

Tomorrow, the weekend and
then Monday.

Max Verstappen
Spend it with me? Fly to
Monaco tonight and I'll meet you
and drive you back to mine.

Are you joking? Max I can't

Max Verstappen
I'm serious 😁

_

Incoming call from Max Verstappen

"Max are you joking around with me?" I answered the phone "No I'm being serious, I can have it arranged right now" He replied

"Max Emilian Verstappen what world do you live in. I can't come to Monaco! What would people think?"

"Lucia Ocean Quinn, No one has to know. Look at it as two good friends that work together are relaxing for the weekend"

"Mhmm, call me crazy but no"

"Please Cia. We would have so much fun. I have a spare room in my apartment all empty"

"But Max, what would the managers and people like that at Red Bull think"

"They won't know Cia, I promise"