f o r t y - e i g h t

Thursday 9th November 2024

Lucia Quinn

luciaquinn
Just now

Viewed by 178,204 __

Viewed by 178,204
__

===

"Max baby, are you sure you should be training?" I questioned as I found him working out in his home gym "Yes i'm fine" He snapped back, catching me off guard "Right Uhm ok, but don't you think you should be letting your body rest?" I lent against the door frame "No Lucia. I've had to rest the last couple of days and I won't win the championship if I'm resting and not training" Max huffed "Max, your health is more important don't you think?" I continued "Yeah whatever. It doesn't matter what you think. Now go away, I need to get back to my ability before the crash" Max laughed in my face before shutting the door and blocking me out.

"Max open the door" I folded my arms, refusing to let him treat me like that "Go away Lucia" Max said back through the door "Absolutely not" - I swung open the door, gaining Max's attention - "You don't get to take it out on me" I spat "Really? Well who's fault is it? Because you were the last person to check the car and you said it was perfect to drive and clearly it wasn't" Max snarled, clearly using my worst fears to his advantage just so he could make me feel shitty "This isn't my fault" I shook my head, desperate for him to take it back and agree with me "It is and you know it. You're only here because you feel guilty" Max shrugged "No Max. I'm here because I love you and I care about you" I spluttered, hearing my heart in my ears "Lucia it's your fucking fault I can't race this weekend. Just own up to it" Max was now stood inches from me "Fuck you Max. You can come apologise to me when you realise you're being a dick and are wallowing in self pity" I snapped back and rushed back to our en suite bathroom where my anxiety attack medication was kept hidden in my makeup bag.

Undoing the cap and placing two wire pills in my hand, I threw them to the back of my through and swallowed them instantly. Sinking to the floor, I hugged my knees trying to calm my breathing down whilst tears escaped my eyes.

===

Looking down at the time on my phone it was already 9pm and I'd already been in here sitting on my own for two hours. Deciding to get up, I looked at myself in the mirror which showed my mascara running down my face with tired eyes, needing this day to be over. Washing my face and bruising my teeth, I chose to get straight into mine and Max's bed, hoping everything would be better in the morning.

Friday 10th November 2024

As the sun pierced through the little crack of the blinds, my eyes slowly began to open and my left arm instantly went over to Max's side like it usually did when I woke up, however this time my hand found a cold mattress and duvet that hadn't been touched. Feeling my heart sink back down into my stomach, I hauled myself out of bed and into the kitchen.

Freezing as I stepped into the kitchen, I almost turned back round as Max hadn't noticed me yet. Fuck this, it's my apartment too. I walked straight to the fridge and grabbed the milk for my cereal, not speaking a word to one another as we each made our own breakfasts, my phone lit up that I had placed on the counter.

iMessages

Myra 💗
Hey lovely girl! I am in Monaco today and tomorrow and was wondering if you're free!? xoxo

Lucia 🦋
Hey babe, I am free! Wanna go out to the beach? And have a cute girls day?

Myra 💗
Perfect, meet me on the beach front around 11?

Lucia 🦋
Yes! I'll see you then xx

__

Picking up my cereal, I went straight back to the bedroom and ate my breakfast before getting up and ready to meet Myra.

"You're leaving?" Max questioned as I walked past him in the lounge "Yes" I said "You're going to leave me here by myself? What if I need you" He stood up and snarled "You made it pretty obvious last night you didn't need me, so why would you need me now?" I shrugged and then placed my bag under my arm "Lucia-" "Bye Max, I'll see you later" I cut him off before he had another chance to snap at me.

luciaquinn
Just now

luciaquinn Just now

Viewed by 47,987
__

👤 myramadden
📍Monte-Carlo, Monaco

Liked by elliotmadden, luciaquinn and 578,082 others myramadden Lunch with my girl! 🦋💙

myramadden Lunch with my girl! 🦋💙

Tagged @luciaquinn

View all 1,793 comments

luciaquinn Love you!!
^~>myramadden Lovin' you more <3

user9763 Should Lucia be taking care of Max?
^~>user3845 She's not his mother?

elliotmadden Did I not send you to Monaco for a business trip?

maxverstapfan Shocking that Lucia isn't at home with Max tbh

user2635 Pretty gals! ❤️

victoriaverstappen Looks so good! Pasta 😍
^~>myramadden Come with us next time!
^~~>luciaquinn A girls weekend is needed :)

__