f o r t y - s e v e n

Tuesday 7th November 2024

Lucia Quinn

Two days. Two days it had been since Max crashed. And for the past 48 hours I'd done nothing but stress.

Once Elliot, Myra and I had got to the hospital the two of them went to wait in the family and friends area whilst I was taken into the ER where Max was.

As the nurse moved the curtain out the way and revealed the bay Max was in, his race suit was already cut so they could stick a heart monitor to him and they were able to stabilise his ankle as it was caught on the pedal when they were trying to get him out.

===

Sitting by his side for hours whilst he was unconscious felt like eternity, his ankle was plastered up with a splint as he caught it on the pedal and the doctors were constantly monitoring him to check for concussions.

Speaking to his sister almost every 10 minutes through the phone as she couldn't get a flight out, I promised her I'd keep her updated.

Waking up the next morning after Max's crash, the sun woke me up as it streamed through the window and I was still sat on the chair beside Max's bed and my head rested beside his hand, my hand hadn't moved as it was still attached to Max's.

"L-Lu-Lucia" Max breathed as his eyes fluttered open "Max? Hey baby, you're ok" I stood up and started to run my free hand through his hair so he knew I was there "W-what happened?" He asked "You were in a crash during the Mexico Grand Prix" I replied and he looked as if the incident had just flooded back to him "Did it involve anyone else? Is everyone ok? Is Checo ok? I was racing with him" Max's eyes widened with panic "No baby, it was only you involved, everyone else is ok" I reassured him which instantly calmed him down a little "Your mum and dad are on their way. They should be driving here as we speak" I looked down at my watch and saw the time 5am "Is Vic coming?" He asked "No Maxy, she couldn't get a flight out and the boys wouldn't have wanted to see you like this" I sympathised "O-ok" He nodded "But Christian is in the waiting room and all of your mechanics, they've been here all night" I smiled and so did Max "I'll go get them for you" I said before I turned to walk out the room.

Once everyone had seen for themselves Max was ok and had finally gone back to the hotel so they could shower and then go back home to their families, it was back to just Max and I as his parents had gone to call Victoria and update her. "I am so sorry Cia" Max lifted my hand and gave it a soft kiss "You don't have to apologise Max. It's not your fault" My heart twisted "But the one thing you asked. Your worst fear and I made it happen" Max's eyes glazed over with tears "No, no, no, no. Max, it wasn't your fault. And look you're fine. All that happened was a hairline fracture in your foot" I grasped his hand and he nodded before we were interrupted by Max's parents.

===

Two days later and Max was able to be discharged, and we could return to Monaco where Horner told me to be and should only return when Max does.

Walking with Max onto the Jet, he wrapped his arms round me and for the first time in days I finally felt like Max was ok. I instantly wrapped my arms round his neck and cried into his shoulder as my pent up emotions couldn't be kept back any longer. "It's ok Cia, I'm here" Max stroked the back of my head "I-I-I know" I nodded however his reassurance wasn't enough to stop my tears.

"Here, come here" Max sat down and I followed, sitting on the arm of the chair till he pulled my on top of his lap "N-no I don't want to hurt you" I looked at him warily "Sweetheart, you are as light as feather" Max let out a laugh. 

👤 maxverstappen1
📍Mexico City Private Airport

Liked by luciaquinn, redbullracing and 4,992,574 others maxverstappen1 Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that I am fine and only suffered a hairline fracture to my foot

maxverstappen1 Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that I am fine and only suffered a hairline fracture to my foot. Thank you to the amazing doctors that treated me, and to Lucia for not leaving my side the entire time.

I am hoping to rest and be back for the Las Vegas race in 3 weeks, unfortunately having to miss Brazil.
To my fans, don't worry winning the world title is still my aim this season.
- M.

View all 322,506 comments

maxverstapfan So happy you're ok Max! Take as long as you need off, we love you! 💙

landonorris Good to see you're ok ❤️

f1 Happy you're ok Max!

max33verstappen Why is Lucia sitting on him after he was in a crash? So selfish tbh, just so she could be in his ig post.

redbullracing Come back stronger Max 💪🏼💙

lewishamilton Stay strong brother ❤️ You'll come back fighting

charles_leclerc Grateful you're ok Max!

luciaquinn ❤️❤️

user3081 Was so scary to watch! Happy you're back home <3

__