t e n

Monday 9th April 2024

Lucia Quinn

"Thank you Maxy for the weekend, I really appreciate it" I hugged the Dutch driver at the airport "You're very welcome Cia" He replied, burring his face deeper into the crook of my neck "Are you sure you have to go?" Max near enough whispered "I'm sure Max, I've got work to do" I placed my hand on his cheek as I wiggled out our hug "Alright, I'll see you Wednesday for our flight to Barcelona" Max smiled "Yep I'll see you then" I mimicked his smile "Safe flight Liefde" Max kissed my forehead and I nodded, my head looking up at him before walking to the check-in desk.

===

Arriving back in Milton Keynes I decided to stop at the office as it was only 3pm.

"Lucia?, we weren't expecting you in today!" Mary said as I walked into reception "Oh I know! Just wanted to pop in as I have nothing better to do" I smiled and then made my way to my office.

Opening my lap top I started to go through the notes Max made about the car from the last race and then took it down to the mechanics. "Hey guys" I smiled placing the paper down in the pile "Wow I haven't been down here in ages" I looked at the two F1 cars sitting with parts of them off "You haven't checked in with us in ages Cia, we miss you" Jace, one of the mechanics wrapped a lose arm round me and I smiled at him "I know. I've been busy" I shrugged "Yeah we know little miss Max Verstappen's racing engineer" Jace jokingly poked me and I laughed, liking the old times we used to have when I started at Red Bull about a year ago.

===

After spending an two hours taking apart the cars and then putting them back together, I said my goodbyes and promised the boys I'll visit them more often as I quote they said "We Miss your girly face down here, it's too manly".

"I'll see you guys tomorrow" I smiled at the reception girls and they both hummed goodbye simultaneously. I got into my Audi A3 Convertible and drove back home.

Thursday 12th April 2024

Knocking on Max's door as he was late, it swung open to reveal a calm Max Verstappen "You do know you have driver interviews in 20 minutes" I looked at my watch "Oh shit" Was all he said and then raced down to the taxi that I had called prior to take us to the track.

===

👤 luciaquinn
📍Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

👤 luciaquinn 📍Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

•...