f i f t y - n i n e

Monday 27th November 2024
Lucia Quinn

Hungover. Severely hungover. Jesus Christ. I wince as I try and open my eyes. Too fucking bright. I haul myself out the hotel bed and slowly make my way into the kitchen to find some Ibuprofen and water.

As I walk out the bedroom door, I trip over some trainers that had been kicked off. Ow, when the fuck did I put them their? Shoving the shoes away, I gained a better view on them. Those aren't mine. "Cia are you ok?" Max's voice croaked "Huh? What are you doing here?" I questioned as Max stood up off the sofa and picked me up before placing me back on my feet "We came back together but you wouldn't let me sleep in your bed, and I didn't want to leave you alone so I slept on the sofa" Thank the fucking lord. "O-oh ok" I nodded "Need Advil" I started to walk again "I'll grab it sweetheart. You get the water?" Max kissed my temple and I agreed "Where are your pills?" Max asked "Um in my bag in a little pink zip up case" I pointed to my handbag slumped on the chair and Max took off in that direction.

As I filled up two glasses of water I heard Max rummage through my handbag. "have you found them yet?" I asked as I lent against the counter, feeling slightly dizzy "Max?" I questioned again as I got no reply. "They should be right-" I spun round to find Max staring down at my orange pill bottle. Oh no. Oh god no. He wasn't supposed to find those.

Max Verstappen

As I pulled out Lucia's medication bag that I found almost instantly in her handbag, I started to sift my way through and read the names.
Ibuprofen
Paracetamol
Benzodiazepines
What the fuck is that?
I pulled out the orange pill bottle and carried on reading.

Prescribed to Miss Lucia Ocean Quinn.
For Anxiety Attack Disorder.
2 pills in the morning of everyday.

"Max?" I'm pulled out my trance and I look up to find Lucia's eyes widened with horror. "What the fuck is this?" I spit, annoyed she's kept it from me "Nothing" She replied curtly and raced over "Give it back" She snarled and tries to snatch them out my hands "It doesn't look like nothing Lucia. Anxiety attack disorder?" I look at her in search for answers "Yeah. So?" She takes the pill bottle back and stuffs it back in her handbag. "Here" She shove's the sachet of Advil into my chest "You don't get to walk away" I abandon her pill bag and the Advil to the floor "It's none of your concern Max" She continues to walk to her bedroom "I think the fuck it is" I stop the door from being slammed in my face "Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you" I swung open her door "Oh yeah? Well guess what Sherlock, I can't get any better because I've been to see all the doctors but they all come out with the same shit. FUCKING PILLS" She screams back as she goes to sit on the bed.

My heart constricts for her. My poor Lucia. My poor girl. "So you've had to take these everyday since when?" I question "I don't want to talk about it" She replied, staring out the window "Since when Lucia" I growl "S-since my Mum died" She whisper's barely audible "Sweetheart" I sit down beside her and tuck her into next to me "I am so sorry" I kiss her temple and her little sobs fill the silent room "Please let me help you" tilt her head upwards so she looks at me "There's nothing else Max" She shakes her head "I'm going to find something else Lucia. Another way to help you. I promise" I wrap both my arms round her and we both fall back into the pillows.

After laying there for 15 minutes, Lucia's sobs finally stop and I look down to find her asleep. Slowly pulling my arm out from underneath her, I grab my phone on the side and leave her to sleep.

Tapping my assistants name, it rings a couple times before he picks up "Get me the best doctor on Anxiety attacks" I bark down the phone "W-what? Max its 9am" Will replies "You heard me. Do it" I snap back "O-ok I'm on it" He says quickly down the phone "Good, call me back when you've got a name" I say and then hang up the phone.

===

Lucia Quinn

My worst nightmare. Being weak. Having people know my flaws. "Cia? Are you ok?" Max softly knocked on my door "Go away Max" I replied with my head buried in the duvet, needing it to swallow me up whole. "Please Cia let me in" Max pleaded "No Max, I'm fine. Just forget about it, please" I huffed "Lucia come on, I can help" Max opened my door "I don't need your help. I need no one's help" I snapped back "I know sweetheart. You're strong, too strong some might argue. But it's ok to let people help, you can't deal with everything by yourself" Max sat on the side of my bed and started to comfort me by placing a hand on my back "It's ok Max. I'm fine with the medication. I have it under control" I sat up so I could face him "Ok sweetheart. But can you promise me to tell me when it gets too much. I want to help" Max's eyes glossed over "I promise" I whispered. "Now come on, let's go get some food in you, it's 1pm and I'm sure you are violently hungover hungry" Max pulled my hand and I got out of bed with a laugh. Oh I've missed my Max.

Putting on my comfiest bits of clothing I had bought with me this weekend, I quickly brushed my teeth and hair deciding not to bother with makeup and then met Max who was waiting for me in the lounge. "Ready?" He asked "Yep" I smiled tightly and then Max opened the door and waved his arm for me to go through first.

👤 luciaquinn

Liked by maxverstappen1, mclaren and 72,937 others luciaquinn sos, please

luciaquinn sos, please

View all 1,317 comments

user39174 EXCUSE ME? McLaren why are u here?

maxverstappen1 🦁

landonorris Party too hard?

shilohwentworth Even hungover, you're stunning 😍

ezraliajulesking Please can we run away to get married?

redbullracing 💙⚡️🦁

maxverstapfan Cuteeeeee

lucia33quinn So pretty 😍🫶🏼❤️

__