s i x t e e n

Thursday 29th May 2024

Lucia Quinn

To say the Monaco race weekend is hectic, would be an understatement. Today for media day, EVERY team member was required at the track today as one driver
was at the casino for a sky sports thing and the other was needed on the boat for the interviews today. Luckily Max was the driver that was going on the boat which meant I got a boat day.

Stepping onto the boat after Max, he turned round and helped me on, and my stomach did a flip from the moment my hand was linked with his to the moment I pulled my hand away, it was an unusual windy day and it made the boat rock "You good there Cia?" Max laughed as I kept wobbling over "Shut up" I looked at him but he kept laughing "Sit over there" He pointed to the empty seat next to Christian "Just do your interview" I said before almost stacking it.

👤 luciaquinn
📍Monaco

Liked by maryaspinall, maxverstappen1 and 10,983 others luciaquinn I love my job ❤️

luciaquinn I love my job ❤️

View all 738 comments

_

After Max had finished his interview, we were sailed back to the marina and instructed to get off as it was now Daniels turn for an interview.

Getting off after Max, he basically picked me up out the boat and set me down onto the wooden marina "Lucia!" Daniel beamed then walked towards Max and I "Danny!" I smiled walking over to him and he pulled me in for a hug "Nice to see you Lu" He said "You too, have fun out there today... it's windy" I smiled "Wish we were jet skiing. Now that would be a good interview" Daniel laughed "I bet, I'll see you around" I said and then caught up with Max who was being ushered to move on as there was a tight schedule for all drivers today.

"Lucia" Max said and then grabbed my arm, pulling me into a little ally way between the Red Bull racing trucks "Max? What are you doing?" I smiled "Go on a date with me tonight" He asked, and I stared at him "Huh? Max, what?" I tried to understand what he just asked me "Cia go on a date with me, please" He placed the palm of his hand on my face and cupped my cheek "You want to go on a date? In the middle of the race weekend, where people travel from around the world to watch in person, meaning thousands of people know who you are here" I questioned him "Trust me Cia, just go on a date with me" He looked at me with puppy eyes "A date? You want to go on a date with me?" I said "Yes Cia. I've wanted to go on a date with you since you started at AlphaTauri, so please Lucia go on a date with me" He now had both hands cupping my cheeks "O-ok" I nodded, not knowing completely why I had agreed to this but nonetheless a Cheshire Cat size grin made an appearance on my face as I watched the Dutch driver walk away.

===

Getting back to Max's apartment before him, I had the quickest shower known to man and rummaged through my suitcase to find a date worthy outfit.