n i n e

Lucia Quinn

Sitting in Max's car, my palms were clammy. Even though I had met both Jos and Sophie, it's always been for work and never for more than a couple minutes so I doubt they would even remember me. "You'll be fine Cia, I promise" Max squeezed my thigh in reassurance. Taking a deep breath I tried to calm myself down. My anxiety medication would be a real help right now. "Thank you" I pulled myself together and placed my hand over Max's which earned me a smile "Let's go then" He got out the car and then opened my door.

Walking up to the apartment I clung onto Max's bicep for dear life. Once the door opened we were met by Max's little step sister sister Blue Jaye Verstappen "Maxy!" She jumped into her older brothers arms and he picked her up "Hey Blue" Max smiled "This is Lucia" He gestured towards me "You can call me Cia though" I smiled and the girl nodded back and then gave me a hug "Come on, I want you to meet my little brother" The little Verstappen grabbed my hand and pulled me through the front door making Max giggle behind me.

Catching up to me and Blue, Max pulled me in closer before we turned the corner to where his family were sitting. "Hey everyone!" Max beamed "This is Lucia" He introduced me as I stood and smiled. His mum Sophie stood up and pulled me in "It's lovely to see you again darling" She said, I was surprised she remembered me "You too, I haven't seen you since I worked in AlphaTauri" I replied as she released me "I know! That must have been over a year ago now!" She laughed "Anyway you look lovely, please make yourself at home" She grabbed my hand "I will thank you" I smiled at her and she then started another conversation with Max's step mother Kelly.

"Ah Lucia Quinn, nice to see you again" Jos shook my hand "You too" I smiled "So dad, Lucia is now my racing engineer" Max piped up from bedside me "Oh really! That's amazing, I bet your mum and dad are so proud. You must be the first women Racing Engineer?" Jos said which made my heart strings twang as he mentioned my mother as if she was still here "Um yeah my dads really proud" I smiled and Jos got the message as he shot me a sympathetic apology. "Cia! Cia! Meet Jason, my little brother" Blue walked over with a little boy attached to her hand "Hey sweetie, I'm Cia" I crouched down to the little boy who couldn't have been older than 5. "I-I'm Jason" he gave me a toothy grin "Hey bud, why don't you go grab your really cool dinosaurs to show Lucia" Jos said to his son who then ran off to I'm guessing his room.

"Hey Lucia right?" A woman holding a a little two year old boy walked over to me "Yes, you must be Victoria" I smiled as she looked a lot like Max "Indeed I am, but you can call me Tori" she replied "Oh and this is Lio" She bobbed the little boy in her arms gently up and down to get his attention "Hey Lio I'm Lucia" I waved and he threw his arms over at me "You want to hold him?" She asked as her son tried to get out his mothers arms "Y-yeah of course" I smiled and the little boy grabbed the arms I offered and then placed him on my hip. "So do you have any siblings?" Tori asked "Nope its just me and my dad" I replied "Oh, I'm sorry" The Dutch girl said as she caught onto what I was saying "It's ok it happened years ago" I shrugged "Well if you need anything I'm here" She gave me a friendly smile which I appreciated.

After standing and talking to Victoria for a bit I asked if she wanted to take her son back as I didn't know whether I was holding him for too long or not, however the little two year old refused to let go of me so Victoria said as she has a minute whilst her youngest son isn't attached to her she was going to find her older son Luka.

Max Verstappen

Looking over my dads shoulder to find Lucia holding my youngest nephew and talking to my mother who were both laughing. "Son, she's good for you" My dad looked over his shoulder to see what I was looking at "Yeah I know, she's amazing" I replied sipping my water and smiling into my cup "So ask her out" Dad said "Nah I've tried but we can't, I mean she's my racing engineer" I replied "So? Son, whatever you do. Don't lose her, trust me a parents instinct is never wrong" He tipped his glass towards me.