Thirty-Four

"It's a little bit funny... this feeling inside"

 this feeling inside"

"So what do you propose we do this evening Mr Lumiere?" I ask, the sheets covering my otherwise nàked body while Alfie and I lay facing one another on my bed

It's almost going on two full days that we've stayed in bed, and although I certainly can't complain, I need to do something. Well... something else.

"Propose?" he repeats, comically acting panic-stricken at my choice of wording. He then takes a dramatic breath in while I openly roll my eyes and let him finish. "Fine, we'll get married," he announces, amusing only himself with his little performance. "Just as long as it's not a red velvet cake. I've seen just about enough of those."

"Are you finished?" I ask, a small smile forming on my face.

"I don't know, am I?" he playfully grins in return, and taking me by surprise as he holds me in place, laying his body atop of my own, kissing me.

"Where did you learn to kiss like that?" I ask, breathless.

"Natural," he shrugs, beaming.

"But really, what do you feel like doing?"

"I told you. I just want to lay here with you," he tells me, rolling over beside me, he too now on his side, his elbow supporting his weight and his hand rests lazily on his face.

"No!" I protest, holding the sheets close to my skin as I sit up. "I refuse to spend yet another hour here in bed with you. We need to do something."

Truth be told, I'm beginning to feel quite claustrophobic in all of this. Familiar feelings of being forced to reside indoors for long periods of time come flooding back, but with Alfie, there is at least light at the end of the tunnel. We can leave and be normal people together in public, and have no one to hide from. I won't spend another moment inside when there is so much to experience with him outside.

"Come back here," he growls, pulling me back into him as the sheets fall, exposing my nàked torso. He looks down for a moment, then purposefully places his head into my neck, kissing slowly, his hot breath making me weak.