Twenty-One

"We found wonderland, you and I got lost in it."

"So are you ever going to tell me where we're going?" I laugh, my hair blowing in the wind as we drive with the top down

"So are you ever going to tell me where we're going?" I laugh, my hair blowing in the wind as we drive with the top down. Despite the deceivingly British make of our sixties classic convertible, we're currently hundreds of miles away from London.

Nestled deep into the French countryside, we pass a number of small farmhouses and rural villages, none the wiser of Harry's presence, and the situation couldn't be any more ideal.

"Well then that wouldn't be much of a surprise now, would it?" he winks, and I already want to kiss the smile off his beautiful features. He's the true essence of charm, with his hair pulled back into a cheeky bun, short sleeved white shirt with predictably; almost too many buttons undone. With Harry there were never enough buttons to be left undone, and it always worked for him.

He catches me glancing at him and opens his left hand, inviting me to place my hand in his. I do so, and we each squeeze our hands shut, fingers entwined gracefully in one another's. I don't ever recall feeling this free. This is what they tell you life should be like - taking chances, and impulsive trips with foreign boys.

The truth is, I don't really care where we're going - it doesn't matter at all. The only thing that I've been able to focus on is the fact that I get three incredible days with Harry in the south of France. No need for sneaking about, and secret rendezvous; but we can actually be real, and do things regular people do.

To think all it took for me was to mention that I had always wanted to see the French countryside whilst watching the French classic 'L'Affaire', and he was like,

"Let's go?" As if it were that simple. To him, it seemed that way. Let's go. Let's just go to France because I'd never been. Who says or does that? Harry, apparently. I never even gave myself the opportunity to truly think about it before I answered him. There wasn't a chance in this world that I would turn down such a spontaneous offer, and the selfish part of me gleamed with delight as I jumped into his lap. I kissed him out of the excitement coursing through my veins, and it must have been so telling as he didn't even require an answer from me.