Fifty-Five

"To be on the edge of breaking down, and no one there to save you. No you don't know what it's like... Welcome to my life"

 Welcome to my life"

It's quite the strange feeling to be home, and yet feel like you don't exactly belong anymore

It's quite the strange feeling to be home, and yet feel like you don't exactly belong anymore. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to quite find my place, and nothing feels like how it used to be. That's how it felt when I returned to our place in Kensington, and I am alone.

Opening the door, nothing is familiar to me anymore. All of my belongings are here - our furniture, and everything else, but it doesn't take long for me to realise that the only thing out of place here in this room is me.

Placing my bags down in the entranceway, something shiny catches my eye on the table by the front door. His key. It's quite alarming how much anger can be aimed at such an unassuming object. I mean, it's just a key to most people. But it wasn't just a key when I gave it to him.

"Pick a hand," I laughed, holding my closed fists behind my back, making it a light hearted game. I can't seem to forget the way his lips curled in amusement at the prospect of my surprise.

"Is this another one of your tricks," he laughed, picturing the worst as I shot him a devilish grin. "How do I know you're not going to trick me?"

"Well, you'll just have to trust me then, won't you!" I laughed, raising my eyebrows up as he kissed me with a strong sense of purpose.

If only I knew from the beginning that it was he that should not be trusted. Perhaps then this could have all been avoided.

"Left... no right," he chose, as I held out my palm, brandishing a brand new shiny key.

Picking me up in a swift movement, his lips against mine with no intention of stopping, my heart soared with emotion. I absolutely adored him, and I truly believed it would never end.

Oh, how naive I was...

I leave the key where it is, and walk throughout the house, only stopping when I reach my bedroom. I'm somehow not surprised when I find the belongings that I placed so carefully in Harry's house.