Seven

"I got my hopes up again, oh no... not again. Feels like we only go backwards darling."

"So what you're telling me is, that it's been over a week and nothing?" Celia asks, looking absolutely bewildered

I nod my head, whilst I slowly taking a sip of the warm camomile tea that she's made me.

It's been eight days since Harry and I's 'date' - I don't even really know what to call whatever exactly it was, and nothing. No calls, no texts, just... nothing. I tragically gave into my anxiety and impatience, and messaged him asking him how he was going, and he has yet to reply - very mortifying on my part.

"I just don't understand. We were really vibing. Like you could actually feel the connection between us... and then when we were about to kiss, he abruptly tells me he has to go and how he needs me to be his friend. Ugh!"

"Bastard," she swears underneath her breath. "You can do a lot better than Harry Styles, I can tell you that right now," she passionately says, slapping her hand down on the table. "I knew he was trouble from the moment I met him."

"You've met him?" I enquire, sitting up further in my chair. This is definitely something she's failed to mention.

"Loads of times," she explains. "He used to fùck an ex friend of mine about six months ago - Paige, her name was. She's a bítch too, come to think of it."

"What ended up happening?" I ask, my interest levels on high.

"I don't really know the ins and outs, because she's such a toxic person to be around, but I'm fairly sure he had a girlfriend. She was really pissed off about it, though come to think of it - she was sleeping with others at the time, so it shouldn't have really mattered."

This must be what Harry was referring to - the girl he cheated on. I don't know why, but when he was telling me about his ex girlfriend, I had it in my mind that it was significantly longer than just six months ago.

"So how did Paige find out?" I continue to pry, unable to feign disinterest in the whole matter.

"I think his girlfriend messaged him while Harry was sleeping, and Paige took his phone. She ended up taking a photo of her and Harry in bed together, sent it, and that was that."