Sixteen

Hope you enjoy - I think it's my longest chapter yet. It could be lovely if you'd vote!

"Your heart is unobtainable, even though Lord knows you kept mine"

I lay there motionless on the bed, my arm outstretched to his side of the bed

Cold.

And cold is a feeling I've become accustomed to, while he's gone. I agree to some extent that maybe taking a break is long overdue in our relationship. Space is good. Space can be good for a relationship, because it gives us both some time to miss each other. To get that spark back that we somehow lost along the way of routines and daily life.

Of course there's that small part of me that worries that maybe our break will be counter effective in what I want. That maybe he'll enjoy being on his own without me, and learn how to live as a singular person again. It's taking all of my strength not to message him and see how he's doing. I know he'll only be pissed off that I've gone back on our agreement, and he'll resent me that little bit more. Is it too much to ask that just for once; that one time he be afraid to lose me? That he sees my worth as a person in his life, and fight for me like I'm worth something. Truly worth something. Why must I feel like it is I who is always scrounging to hold onto this relationship out of fear of losing Harry? Why must it always be me who cares that little bit more? When will I be the object of someone's affection? When will it be my turn?

The last thing I want to do right now is to leave my bed, but unfortunately I know there's a long list of things I've been putting off that I should probably get around to doing, and I can't continue being that girl who sleeps til noon and binge watches Netflix until 4am.

My phone lights up from across the other side of the room, and I can't deny that my heart does the same. It gives me just the right amount of motivation to get me out of bed.

Perhaps he wants to see how I'm doing.

No Ebony. Don't get your hopes up! It's probably not him. Probably.

I snatch my phone off my vanity, squinting my eyes in the early morning light to view the screen.

'1 new message from Ollie'