DAY 4. STAR GAZING

It's been 4 days on this Island of 7 boys and me. The only girl. I was sitting on top a rock as Josh cleaner the cut on my head or more so a gash that was in need of stitches.

"How am I lookin doc?" Josh laughed in the 4 days we have been stuck here Josh and I have gotten close when he wasn't rambling he was super funny.

"No infection thanks to my cream I put on it." I smiled but could tell there was something else "what else is there?" Josh sighed at my question as he tied another piece of cloth to my head "It hasn't closed up, it won't until it's stitched shut."

I laughed which caused the guys around us to look over "Josh, you looked like you were going to tell me I was dying and all the problem was Is a small cut won't close up."

"Well I wouldn't say it's small necessarily." He says putting everything away and taking it back to our teepee shelter that now had some cloth and Towels draped over it to protect us from any tropical weather that rolled through.

"You know what sucks?" I ask as they all shrug at me "We were in a place crash, I was in a place crash! And the only thing I have to show is a damn cut?"

Seth sat next to me. "You sound disappointed." I nodded "Well I thought there would be more. Nothing too serious but something more badass." Seth laughed and looked at me "You're far more twisted then I first thought."

I laughed "I'm just saying, I mean people fall out of trees and always have a battle wound to show for it. And this my friend" I motion to my cut "is not a battle wound."

"We were in a plane crash and you wish you were more injured?" Raf asks while walking to Seth, Josh, and I. "Not wish. I'm just saying o could have gotten then cut from falling down the stairs or whatever, no one believe I was in a place crash and stranded on in island."

Scotty chuckled as he stood up "Ive never understood women before, I don't think I ever will."

I rolled my eyes, Kirin walked over and held his bottle of water out to me and even though I desperately needed and dreamed of water I shook my head "No it's yours, you should have it."

"I don't want anymore and I'm not letting it go to waste." I sighed "You'll want it later. So save it for then." Kirin shook his head and squatted in front of me "Stop worrying about the rest of us and worry about yourself." I looked up and met his eyes.

"It's a thing I do. I'm not sure why." I said honestly. Past two days of being here I've grown close too all the guys here. But something was different with Kirin. He always made sure I had something to eat or drink and would offer me some of his food or now his water.

Last night he noticed I was cold and gave me his flannel he always wore. I was thankful as I was freezing my ass off. "Please take the water, if not the whole thing just a big gulp or something."

I sighed defeated and unscrewed the cap and took a big gulp and placed the cap back on the bottle "Ya happy now?" I asked him Kirin broke out into a huge smile.

     ................................................................

It was dark now and we were all huddled by the fire, Kirin tried to give me his flannel again but I refused as this night was colder then before and I didn't want him to freeze. Josh had gave me a hoodie from his suitcase so I was warm.

We all munched on snacks from the plane or whatever we had packed in our suitcases. I was currently eating a granola bar taking small and slow bites finding it smarter to do that then to eat it whole like the guys were doing.

I laid back as I took another small bite of my granola bar, I sighed as I looked into the sky to see the thousands of bright beautiful stars.

"Emma, you feeling ok?" Raf asked from beside me I nodded "Yeah, just looking at the stars. Can't really see them this big and bright the light pollutes it. But here. It's like I'm really seeing them for the first time."

I felt Raf lay down next to me as he admired the stars, "How are we able to see something so beautiful in the most awful situation ever?" He asked but I could tell he wasn't really asking me.

I sighed at the beautiful sky above us. I've always loved stars, astrology the whole thing. Call me basic. But it's truly fascinating.

"Hate to burst you guys dream bubble, but we are calling it a night." Kirin said snapping us out of our trance. Raf got up and dusted himself off and in doing so flicked sand in my eye.

"Dude you got sand in my eyes." I grumbled while I rubbed and tried to blink it out of my eye. "Sorry." Raf shrugged

I sighed and stood up, Kirin was watching me intently "What?" I asked confused "You into the boy next door?" My brows furrowed.

"No? I barely know him. He doesn't talk much and I'm pretty sure him and Seth have a bromance going on." Kirin laughed "They do."

"For sure, I wouldn't want to third wheel that."

Kirin laughed again, and not his laugh he does with the group but a real genuine laugh. I smiled up at him as he laughed "What?" He asked eying me I shook my head "Nothing, it's just you should show this side of you." I motioned towards him.

"I like this side of Kirin." I spoke softly he looked me in the eye and sighed "I haven't been this Kirin in I don't know how long."

"I know what that's like, pretending you're someone you're not for so long you forget who you truly are." I said as I watched the waves crash onto the shore line.

"It sucks." Kirin spoke and then yawned. "It does. We should sleep."

Kirin nodded as we made our way in and all laid down. I didn't realize how tired I was until my body laid down and relaxed. Soon after I was sleeping soundly.