DAY 14. HIDING FROM THE JAG

I had only slept for an hour or two but I was thankful for my nap and Kirin, I was helping the boys clean up and fix the shelter since whatever that thing was tore it apart.

Scotty and Bo were off hiding the food a mile out from camp as Henry advised it would be best for us, I was great full Henry was a Boy Scout because without him I'm pretty sure we would be dead soon.

"Hey, I'm going to look for more logs or something to help cover the gaps." I yelled to Seth and Raf who nodded they were talking to Henry about other tasks to do to cover damage from the beast.

I grab some tall thin logs and some big leaves and hope this will have to do for now. I find some more and decide this should be good for now. When I get back to camp Kirin and Ivan are the only ones there and I sigh knowing this was not good.

Kirin looks pissed as he looks out at the ocean, I want to go and check on him but when I get mad I'd rather be by myself. I go to work and try to cover the gaps in our shelter hoping this will help us if that thing comes back. Maybe the shelter will hold for longer then it did. 

.............................................................................

I grabbed ahold of a vine and climbed up a rocky ledge once I was close enough Kirin immediately reached his hand out for me and I didn't hesitate to grab it, Kirin gently pulled me up and as I moved next to him and the rock.

"All good?" He asks all his focus on me "Yeah, actually. You?" Kirin nods his head "Now that I'm not worried about you falling to your death yeah."

I laugh "I wasn't going to fall I'm like Lara Croft I got this." Kirin broke out in a huge smile "You know about tomb raider?" "Duh! It was iconic! How could I not?"

Kirin and I help the others climb up the ledge and soon we are all sat next to each other on a skinny rocky ledge. "This is fucking stupid I don't know why we are hiding out like a bunch of bitches on this stupid ledge." Kirin grumbles.

I raise my hand up "I for one do not mind being a bitch hiding on this ledge, I would really like not to experience last night again." The guys laugh at me. "I thought you said moving the food would be enough." Scotty looked to Henry.

"I'm amending my former statement. If we really want to protect ourselves, it's safer to assume that the beach camp will be the target tonight." Henry looks to all of our faces and elaborates his thoughts.

"Predators don't forget their marks that quickly."

"Are we really taking him seriously? You know this is just his Johnny raincloud bullshit jumping out, exaggerating how fucked we are." Kirin points out my eyes glare at him "Funny, thought you told me we weren't fucked."

Kirin turned to look at me but I don't meet his eyes, he sighs and looks away.

"Henry seems to know his shit." Scotty addresses causing me to nod my head. "Hey, how many badges did you earn back in the Scouts?" Seth asks his brother who holds his head high.

"96 merit badges. Including wildlife patterns and defense." Henry tells us and I'm quite impressed and glad I'm stranded on an island with an ex Boy Scout.

Henry looks at Kirin "I have expertise...Karen." I snort at Henry's clap back Kirin snaps his head to look at me confused.

"head on back to camp if you want, Kirin. We're not gonna argue with 96 badges." Seth smiles to Henry. Raf grunts from beneath the ledge "Help me up."

Kirin jumps up and pulls Raf up easily.

"This is probably my trick-ass brain getting all, like, creative on me, but I feel like I still smell food." Ivan moans "I bet it's me. My pores really express what I've eaten and lately it's been all that Spam." Josh tells Ivan with a nod of his head.

"Well I don't hate it, Joshua." Ivan flirts "You doing alright, Bo?" I look over to Raf who is watching Bo with worry, "Yeah." "You want to take my spot? There's a little bit more space..." Raf offers.

"No, no, no, it's... it's okay. I'm... I'm used to being scrunched up." Bo explains but loses his balance we all move to make sure he doesn't fall.

"We got you. You're good. And you're definitely taking my spot, there's a ton more..."

"No, no. Maybe later." Bo cuts Raf off, "I got to pee now." Bo says as he goes to the vine to climb down. "Can't you just pee off the side? It's gonna be a real pain going up and down."

"Yeah, that would be wise. Human piss is actually a natural animal repellent." Henry agrees with Seth, but Bo ignores them and climbs down.

"You sure he's alright?" Henry asks Scotty who nods "Yeah, yeah. He's just a neat freak. You know, he... he needs his privacy. But, um, just in case, I'll go check on him." I watch as Scotty climbs down after Bo.

My attention is taken off Scotty when I hear Kirin speak to me "You mad at me or something?" I look at him "No, just annoyed. It wouldn't kill you to not be an ass to everyone for no reason." "I'm not an ass to everyone." He replies.

"Yeah ya kinda are." I look him right in the eye as I say this "Have I been an ass do you?" He asks and I sigh "No." he smiles seemingly pleased with himself "Exactly, so not everyone." "Whatever Kirin, I'm just saying you don't have to be a dick every other sentence for no reason."

He eyes me for a minute "Alright I'm sorry, I'll try to work on it or something." I nod at him satisfied.

Kirin smiles at me glad to be back in my good graces though he never left them.