DAY 14. ESCAPING DEATH & SWEET CLIFF MOMENTS

"This, uh....sucks." Kirin states sitting next to me Seth laughs from beside Henry "was that an Italian accent? Were... were you doing, like, Luigi? Like, um, like, "This-a sucks-a"?" I smile at Seth's pretty accurate Luigi impersonation.

Kirin doesn't seem to think it's funny as he responds bluntly "No. I was just pausing. Like, "Uh.""

"that's-a... that's-a too-a bad-a. Because-a for-a once I thought you were doing something adorable-a." Seth does his Luigi voice again and emphasizes with his hands.

"Well..." Kirin says "this-a does-a suck. This-a suck-a big-a time!" I laugh at Kirin who turns and smiles back at me "Okay. It's-a my turn!" Josh says happily, "This-a hard-a-ass-a stone is a- killing my a- butt."

We laugh even louder at Josh who laughs along with us.

"We-a were-a better on the beach-a." Raf's sad attempt at Luigi makes me laugh louder I feel tears starting to form. "What was that? Was that Jamaican?" Seth laughs at Raf who smiles.

"Italiano via English via Español. Unlike you, Chicago, I happen to be a citizen of the world." Raf proclaims I clap for him and he pretends to bow.

"I heard your mom's ass is a citizen of the world." Henry says to Raf who's eyes widen, "oh!" Everyone shouts. "Wow." Raf laughs lightly.

"Meaning that your mother's ass is very well-traveled, by other people. She's, like, promiscuous." Henry further explains his joke even though it isn't necessary as we all got it.

"Oh, no, dude, the joke landed. You don't need to over-explain it." Seth laughs. Kirin purses his lips "Raf, are you really gonna let this little buttmunch talk about your mom like that?" I laugh at the voice Kirin uses.

"And we've reached the homophobic part of the evening. Congratulations, everybody." Ivan claps sarcastically I squint my eyes "How is that homophobic? Because he said buttmunch? FYI gay people aren't the only ones who can munch a butt."

"As the only gay man here, perhaps you should defer to my take on this." Ivan responds with sass "How do you know you're the only gay man here? I could be closeted." Kirin responds in all seriousness.

I snicker quietly from beside him "Yeah right."

"Your assumptions about my sexuality are..." Kirin pauses and inhales dramatically and motions with his hand "very offensive, Ivan."

Ivan hums "Hmm. Yeah, I'm sorry, you're right. No, yeah, you totally could've gotten the clap from a guy, or someone residing elsewhere on the gender spectrum." Ivan looks around at all of our confused faces and smiles.

"Oh, I'll bring the group up to speed. Kirin here has gonorrhea. I caught him stealing some of Josh's meds for it."

I sat in silence, Seth looks to Kirin "Shit, Kirin. I mean, I feel for you, dude, but you probably should've asked first."

"Yeah, man, I... I could've helped. I actually love talking dosages." Josh says trying his best to be helpful, "It's embarrassing, all right?" Kirin defends himself.

"And you..." Kirin angrily points to Ivan "You and your fucking "lips are sealed" bullshit. You know for a second, I actually thought you were gonna be cool."

Ivan scoffs "That was before you disrespected who I am." I laugh at Ivan's words. "He didn't disrespect who you're, you're being over sensitive."

I'm not usually this mean but Ivan sharing Kirin's personal issues bothered me. "Oh you should be thanking me, I'm saving you from catching his STD." I roll my eyes at Ivan.

"Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten an STD but whatever."

After what I said everyone is silenced and I sigh in relief, I rest my head on the rock behind me and look up at the stars.

"I actually am a buttmunch." Seth says out of no where, "What?" Henry asks his brother who nods "Um, Maggie, um, on teen tour last summer, um, I... I munched her butt."

"She asked me too, so I dove right in. Nose first. You know, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't do it again. Because I would." Seth looks at all of us and opens his mouth again.

"I would venture forth and... and dive my nose into her butt region... very deep and exploratively-like." Seth says in a fake British accent. Everyone laughs but me. I got used to his "Relating to everyone vibe." But this was in now way relatable.

"I'm gonna pee my pants." Raf laughs and stands up to pee, "Do it. Drain it right here, tried-and-true beast deterrent." Henry claps.

I close my eyes and look away.

Raf sighs in relief "Bo missed out. This is a rush." I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

...........................................................................

Scott and Bo haven't come back yet, everyone has either remained quiet or started their own private conversations. Kirin clears his throat and looks at me "Thank you."

I look at Kirin confused "I don't get it." "For having my back with Taylor, you didn't have to do that." I sigh "I didn't do it to stick up for you it just genuinely pissed me off. But you're welcome."

"You didn't have to tell anyone about your pretend STD though." My Brows furrow in confusion "I wasn't pretending, that was real."

Kirin's eyes widen and I laugh at his face, "Syphilis has gotten the best of me." Kirin eyes me as if looking for a sign I'm lying. "Your serious?" I nod at him "It's gone now obviously, this was like last year."

Kirin smirks at me "Love how you immediately tell me it's gone." My eyes widen at what he is referencing at and Kirin laughs his genuine cute laugh. "I'm just yanking your chain, don't worry. Unless you're into that?"

I laugh at Kirin and gently punch his arm.

"You're awful, but maybe when you're STD free you can find out." Kirin smiled and nodded his head "I'm holding you to that." "Of course you're."

Our conversation was cut short as we see flash lights from Bo and Scotty as the scream. Everyone jumps up as the reach the bottom of the cliffs ledge. "It's behind us." Scotty screams Scotty climbs up the ledge as Kirin leans to grab his hand.

I watch as Kirin's feet start to slide closer to the edge and I wrap my arms around his waist to keep him from falling. Once Scotty is up safely Bo grabs hold of the vine and starts to pull himself up.

We are all yelling words of encouragement when Bo screams in agony, I look down and see the Beaty red eyes of the Jaguar holding onto Bo's calf.

I grab a stick I had laying next to me and get on my knees and start smacking the jag with the stick in hopes it'll let go of Bo. Everyone starts throwing shoes, rocks, anything. Eventually the jag let's go and Kirin is able to help Bo up as he gasps for air.

Kirin rubs his hand up and down Bo's arm as we all catch our breaths. Soon we are all able to relax as no sign of the jag has come back.

Kirin groans as he moves yet again and rolling his arms back. "Kir." He looks at me and I motion him over he scoots closer but I shake my head "Lay back." He looks at me and I motion again "Come on lay back." Kirin moves and lays back into my chest as I wrap my arms around his neck and rest them on his shoulder.

My hands find their way to his chest as he gets comfy. He sighs in relief. And rests his head on my breast, I feel one of Kirin's hands reach for mine and holds it. Soon I hear his breathing slow and light snores slip past his lips.

I smile and kiss the top of his head "Night Kir." I whisper as I rest my head back in the rocks behind me and shut my eyes.