DAY 34. GOODBYE...FOR NOW

"Okay, the logic of taking this sketchy fucking gondola out onto the high seas, when we have no idea where we are is already super iffy, so I'm not sure if we're setting up our best chances by sending such a... How do I put this? Such a historically volatile duo." Ivan states making me nod my head.

"I mean, I don't want to turn down an extra pair of hands. But sailing one-on-one with someone who wants my head on a stake is kind of not my favorite idea." Seth winces.

"Maybe y'all need a third. Like... like, someone to keep the peace." Bo suggests. "Or maybe, Kirin should not go....at all." I mention.

Bo looks at Raf "Maybe Raf." "You don't have to, Raf. If you don't feel like playing babysitter to this little fuck." Kirin tells Raf, "I'm in, I'm in. I'll do it." Raf nods determined.

I watch to the side with my arms cross as Kirin says his goodbyes to Ivan, Josh, Bo, and Scotty. Kirin walks up to me sadly "I have to go Emmy, I told you I would get you off this island. That's what I'm doing." He starts but I only nod "Em, please say something. Anything!" Kirin begs sadly.

"I don't want you to go out there, send someone else in your places. Anyone." I plead tears starting to brim my eyes, Kirin sighs sadly "I can't, I have to do this. Not just for me but for you, I'm going to get us out of here."

"What if something happens? Gas runs out? A shark attacks the raft? A storm?" I ask "We have oars. We'll row the raft. A shark won't attack the raft unless provoked, and if it storms we tough it out and pray a boat comes." Kirin tries to soothe my worries.

"I don't want you to leave me." I speak my voice cracking as I cry Kirin immediately pulls me in for a bone crushing hug "I'm not leaving you, I'm never going to leave you. Ever. You got that?" Kirin demands as I nod sadly letting the tears fall.

"Baby, it's going to be ok. I'm going to get help and get you off this island and everything will be ok. We will be safe." Kirin explains as he pulls away but I only nod.

Kirin sniffs as he starts to cry to "I love you Emma James, don't worry. We'll be ok." "I love you too, Kirin O'Connor." Kirin smiles at me and pulls me in for a hug.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him so tight as I cry into his shoulder, I memorize his scent. Kirin pulls back and he is now fully crying I wipe his tears away and pull him in for a kiss.

I poor all my love for him into the kiss incase I never get the chance again, Kirin does the same but I know he is optimistic that we will see one another again, hold one another, kiss one another. I can only hope that he is right.

"I love you Kirin, please. Be careful." Kirin nods me "I love you more, I will. Trust me." Kirin goes to shrug our flannel off but I stop him "What no, it'll get cold out there you'll need it."

Kirin laughs at my words "I want you to have it, so you can give it to me when we are rescued." He puts the flannel on me "I have to go now, or I won't leave." I nod "Ok." And watch as him Seth and Raf run the raft to the water and start to row out.

Once they're on deep water Kirin starts up the engine and we watch as they go out further into the ocean, the others start to make there way around Scotty advising everyone to pack up there stuff for when rescue comes.

I still stand and watch the ocean, even though they're now out of sight. I feel someone come up to me and wrap their arms around my shoulders, I don't turn to see who it is as I keep my eye on the shore line.

"He'll be ok, he is going to find someone and they'll come get the rest of us. He's always done what he puts his mind too, I have no doubt he will pull through." Ivan tells me sweetly

I nod my head and smile at Ivan and I know he believes they'll find rescue for us, Ivan isn't the kind of person to tell you a lie to make you feel better. At first I hated that about him, now it's one of my favorite things about Ivan.

He walks on to pack and I stand there for a little longer and then think to myself, what would Kirin do? And that's when it hits me.

I turn around and clap my hands as everyone looks to me "Alright, everyone who is done packing your with me. We are going into the woods getting big logs and making a tee pee like structure to light on fire so rescue can see it from a distance." Everyone looks at me.

"Why are you just watching, let's go." I clap and round everyone up "You got it boss lady." Josh salutes I salute back and take off into the woods.  "Love the captain mommy voice." Ivan laughs causing me to laugh as well "I actually don't mind being bossed by you." Henry says as we walk further into the woods and gather what we can.

...........................................................................

A/N: THIS IS NOT THE END !! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT THE END. I STILL HAVE A LOT PLANNED LIKE KIRIN'S POV OF THE GOODBYES, ETC.