DAY 34. FRISBALL & FINDING THE RAFT

After everyone chilled out from the big fight, Seth left and went god knows where and no one seemed to care. Everyone kinda went off on there own to process everything.

I was laying in the hammock I made keeping a close eye on Kirin, Josh walked over to Kirin who was laying in the sand looking out to the ocean deep in thought. "Hey, boss. So... what's next? Water run? Big-game hunt? Run me through the playbook." Josh asked excitedly.

"Why are you asking me?" Kirin asked "'Cause you're the guy, you know? The guy who knows what to do." Josh told him but Kirin shook his head "I'm not, J. Everything went to shit on my watch. I'm not." Kirin spoke sadly and Josh walked away defeated.

I made my way over to Kirin and sat behind him and resting my head on his back "Everything did not go to shit on your watch, you kept us all motivated. We would have given up a long time ago if not for you, Kirin. We are still alive because of you."

"You're supposed to say stuff like that." Kirin mumbled I shook my head "It's true though, you kept us motivated always having us doing something productive. That helped us more then you realize." I tell him and kiss his back.

Ivan walks over to us "How about some fris?" Ivan tossed the frisbee to Kirin who caught it with ease "Not interested." He responded dully tossing the frisbee back to Ivan who almost failed to catch it "Are you sure?" "Im sure." Kirin said "Take that as a soft "no."" Ivan sassed.

I kissed Kirin's back once more and stood up "I'll play." Ivan nodded at me "Hey, Florida. You down for a pickup game?" Ivan yelled to Bo and Scotty who got up to play "What is a pickup game, by the way? Did I use that right?" Ivan turned to Kirin and asked who didn't respond at all.

I ran up behind Ivan and swiped the frisbee from him "Bo Bo, go long." I say as I throw the frisbee to him Bo catches it and tosses it off, soon everyone but Kirin is playing. Scotty throws the frisbee to Ivan who almost catches it but misses. Ivan picks the frisbee up and throws it to me.

I jump in the air and catch it, Ivan nods his head to Kirin who is watching us emotionless. I smile and act like I'm running around with the frisbee but really I'm running to Kirin.

I act like I'm throwing the frisbee to the others but last minute throw to Kirin who isn't watching as the frisbee gently hits his head with a thunk, I smile hugely as Kirin slowly turns his head to face me for a second I fear he is mad but soon he breaks into a huge smile and jumps up and throws the frisbee to Raf.

The frisbee hits Raf in the head making us all laugh "A heads up would have been nice." Raf laughs and passes the frisbee on. Eventually we end up playing a game of football Kirin insists it being frisball.

Kirin jumps off a rock and catches the frisbee and is about to throw it but never gets the chance "Guys. Guys!" Bo shouts and points a ways ahead of us, we look and see Seth approaching with his hands up "I know. I have to show you something."

Hesitantly we follow Seth to whatever he has to show us that cannot wait, Kirin told Josh and I to stick close and we did Josh and I walking closely behind Kirin incase Seth has a manic episode again.

We follow Seth until he comes to a stop and gestures to a raft he found, the raft is covered in sand and sea weed. My eyes widen at the find.

"I found it here, like, an hour ago." Seth informs us "Shut your mouth, fuck. Nobody wants to hear from you." Kirin snaps at Seth. Kirin walks around the raft looking at it "Where the hell did it come from?" Kirin asks.

"Sorry, do you want me to talk or not?" Seth sasses Kirin making me smile "Fuck, I don't know." Kirin mutters then looks to Seth "Go!" He allows him to speak, "Well, I guess it drifted in. I seriously doubt it was manned, by the looks of it."

"You got that right." I mutter as I flick a piece of seaweed off the raft "Yo, it's got gas in it!" Bo shouts excitedly slowly getting my hopes up "Let's see if it'll run." Kirin tells us "There's no way it's gonna work." Ivan decides.

"No one asked for your input negative Nancy." I dismiss him "Like, it has to be cursed if he's the one who found it. He has the reverse Midas touch. Everything he touches turns to sh-" Ivan is cut off by Kirin turning the raft on.

The engine roaring to life, Kirin quickly shuts the raft off not to waste gas. "Oh my god." I squeal happily "All right. Okay. Guess that's my cue." Seth says making his way to the raft.

"Uh, what do you think you're doing?" I ask "Getting it ready. Head out, find rescue." Seth answers "Are you joking right now?" Kirin asks.

"Yeah, yeah, you're just, like, peaceing out into the great blue fucking no where?" Scotty asks with a hint of judgement "Yeah, that is legitimately unhinged, even for you." Ivan tells Seth.

"Is it? We're out of radar here. But ten, miles out? Things might be different. And if anybody should be trying to get there, it's me." Seth exclaims to us.

"Yeah, you're like the very last person I would send to do this." I scoff everyone nods their heads at me, "I know. I suck, and I'm a piece of shit. But, like, with this, maybe... maybe I can help." Seth tries.

"You'll die alone out there." Henry tells Seth sadly.

"Do you care?" Seth asks.

"Yes, I do." Henry nods.

"Yeah, sorry, shit-heel, but you're not going out solo. And not 'cause I don't give a flying fuck about your health. I just don't trust you to do the right thing." Kirin tells Seth.

"Kirin, do you think if I run into the Coast Guard, I'm not gonna mention you guys? I'm not the fucking devil." Seth exasperates.

"Yeah, but if nobody finds us, then nobody has to know what you did." Kirin points out.

"I'm coming with you!" My head snaps to Kirin "No fucking chance!" I argue