DAY 27. SAVING HER

*WARNING*      SEIZURE AHEAD.

...........................................................................

KIRIN'S POV:

When we finally reach Emma she is holding her foot that is two times it's normal size, she is covered in sweat and whimpering softly.

I look at Henry in hopes he has any information that can help us, he moves Emma's foot gently but she screams in pain. Henry nods to her indicating he won't touch her foot, he looks where the fangs entered her skin and his face pales.

"The snake is venomous, the fang marks are at an angle. A non venomous snakes bite is more straight." Emma cries as I look at her I grab her hand and help her lay back she goes to open her mouth but I stop her.

"Don't talk baby, I'm here. It's going to be ok." I soothe as I move her hair from her face "Man, maybe it wasn't venomous at all." Scotty tries Henry sighs.

"We are on a tropical island, every snake here is venomous." I sigh and look from Emma's face to Henry's "What do we do?" "Don't we need to suck the venom out?" Bo asks and Henry nods.

"But the snake could still be around to bite again, we should move." And that's all I need to hear to lift Emma in my arms as she whimpered at the movement.

I apologized to her and for the fact that I'm about to run and it may bother her. I picked up my pace and ran faster with her in my arms she cried out and buried her face into my chest, "I'm sorry Emmy, I'm so sorry baby." I whispered to her as I ran to the beach.

  ............................................................................

I placed Emma in the shelter and gave her some water, she was out of it so I had to give her the water as she wasn't strong enough to hold the bottle herself.

I was so worried about Emma but I'm not going to stand around and wait I was going to do all I could for her, "We need to suck the venom out." Henry stated quickly seeing as she could not keep the water I gave her down.

Scotty's eyes widen as he leaves the shelter "I'll do it." I stated but Henry shook his head "I'll do it, it needs to be precise or we will be doing more harm then good."

I nod and place myself by Emma's head I pick her head up and place it on my lap and lean down and kiss her head "You're going to be ok Emmy, I'll make sure of it." Henry looks up at me as I nod my ok.

Henry places his lips over her foot where the snake had bit her, when Henry started to suck is when Emma screamed in pain. It was the worst sound I have ever heard. I started to cry seeing someone I loved so much in so much pain.

I started to run my fingers through her hair in hopes it would soothe her, I started to whisper sweet things in her ear but none of it seemed to help. I felt tears run down my face as I felt helpless.

Henry pulled away and spit out the venom and went back in but quickly pulled away and nodded "I got it all." "When should she be like, getting better?" Bo asked Henry looked to Emma who had her eyes shut and was extremely pale and sweaty.

"The Venom was in her blood stream for awhile before we got there. It'll take some time before her body recuperates, but she will get better." I sigh in relief and rest my head on her head "We got you baby. Don't worry."

  ..........................................................................

I stayed by Emma and dabbed a cloth at her head hoping to break the fever, she was in and out of sleep but the more she woke up the more aware she was becoming which was a good sign.

"Kir..." I look down at her and smiled softly "Hey, are you ok? Do you need anything?" She looked up at me and reached her small pale hand I grasped it tightly "I...I'm scared." She whispered as tears gathered in her eyes.

I quickly wiped them away "You're ok, Henry and Josh say you're showing signs of getting better. You're ok." She nods her head weakly as Josh comes in with medication for her.

Josh seems she is awake and alert "Emma, hey. Uh, this is a anti inflammatory, for the swelling. And then this is for the pain and fever. Henry says you need to stay hydrated. And when you feel like you can eat you should. Don't rush it though."

I nod my head as Josh hands me the medication and a bottle of water, Emma opens her as I drop the medicine in her mouth and hold the bottle to her lips. She takes some water and swallows it down and lays her head back in my lap.

I watch as Emma shuts her eyes and Josh taps my shoulder "You've been with her for hours, you should take a break." I shake my head "I'm scared if I leave her, something will happen." Josh nods his head "But you havnt eaten or anything, I'll stay with her."

I look Josh in the eye and see that he is being serious and nod my head, I gently put her head on a makeshift pillow as I make my way to the beach I look back once more at Emma, she is still very sweaty and pale. I sigh as I leave the shelter feeling guilty but knowing I won't be any help to her if I don't take a break.

..........................................................................

I'm sat by the fire with Scotty, Bo, and Henry while we eat fish. No one is talking because we don't know what to say, we are all traumatized by the events of today.

"HELP! GUYS! SHE'S SEIZING!" I jump up at Josh's words and run to Emma who is convulsing roughly. Henry runs and puts her to her side and tells Bo and Scotty to move anything she could use to hurt herself with.

I sat watching Emma shocked, she was getting better. How could this be happening, I start to sob loudly as I watch her convulse until slowly it stops.

Henry rolls her back on her back and checks her out before he sighs relieved "It looks like the Venom being in her system for a long period of time is causing this reaction."

"But we got the venom out." Bo exclaims as Henry nods "Yes, this is normal. This may even be the only seizure she has, her body is fighting what little poison her body took in."

"So she'll be ok??" I ask worried as they all look at me and I don't even care that they can see I was obviously crying, Henry nods. "Yes, she will be ok. She may have a few more of these and she may not." We all nod our head.

Realizing Emma is going to need someone with her at all times to ensure her safety.