DAY 7. EARLY BIRD

I don't know how many days it's been I lost track after 5, too busy trying to survive I guess.

I always seem to be the first one awake and lately. The last one down. I sit down by the fire even though it isn't much of one now, I walk over the where the woods and beach meet and grab a log and some dry leaves.

Once I put them in the fire I stoke it, it takes like 5 minutes before a got some decent flames, it's still pretty chilly out as the sun isn't fully out yet. I pull my knees up to my chest and rest my head atop my knees.

I turn around when I hear footsteps and see Bo has awoken "Morning Em." "Hey. You sleep well?" Bo nodded "Man it doesn't matter where I am I can always get a good nights rest."

"Me too, sometimes." Bo nodded as he stoked the fire some more "I could definitely go for some s'mores right about now." "Dude yes! S'mores with caramel drizzle" I moan out thinking of the deliciousness of it all "You drizzle caramel on your s'mores?" Bo asks I'm complete confusion.

"You don't?" I countered Bo shook his head no "Dude when we get out of here you're trying a s'more drizzled in caramel." "At this point id try anything." Bo admitted I laughed "I won't lie but I would too."

"What are we doing?" I turn around and see Seth stretching his arms over his head as he comes over to us. "Talking about how we would eat anything." Bo shrugs I nod as Seth smiles.

"Ever tried honey in your coffee?" Seth asks I shake my head "I put honey in my tea." "You're missing out." Seth wags his finger in my direction. Soon after this conversation everyone was awake and we were now having breakfast or whatever you would call it considering this was nothing like breakfast.

"Anyone know any campfire stories?" Scotty asked as he through a chip into his mouth "Campfire stories are usually scary, better in the dark." Henry stated dryly "What about songs." Josh suggested.

Everyone agreed it was a great idea and then everyone looked at me. "Gee thanks for nominating me unanimously." "You're welcome." Kirin smiled I rolled my eyes as I thought of a song to sing. But my recent favorite was the only thing to come to mind.

I sighed then cleared my throat. But stopped "This is stupid there is no music it will sound dumb." I stated but Henry stood up and plopped his headphones on my head "Sing your song to the beat of the music playing." And with that he let the ear pieces slap onto my head.

I sighed and shut my eyes. "Always said I was a good kid
Always said I had a way with words
Never knew I could be speechless
Don't know how I'll ever break this curse."

"Now the world is only white noise
Frequencies that I can't understand
I can't be bothered with the teachers
Always trying to shape the way I act."

"Burn it down, burn it down, burn it down, burn it down"

"I'll set fire to the whole place
I don't even care about our house
It's not the same in here since he left anyways."

"Burn it down, burn it down, burn it down, burn it down." After I sang this part I air drummed.

"Mamma told me all of this is
Just a place we have to settle for
Less than anything we dream on
We'll continue to be disappointments
I feel down, I feel down, I feel down, I feel down
I feel down, I feel down, I feel down, I feel down."

After I finished the song I slowly peeled my eyes opened and saw all the boys stare at me in various versions of amazement "Sorry I'm a tad rusty it's been a minute."

"You call that a tad rusty?" Ivan asks "Girl that was anything but. Bravo." I smiled as everyone else clapped Kirin let out a loud whistle.

"No one told me we were among a star." Seth stood up and bowed before me causing all of us to laugh "That the first time a guys bowed at your voice?" Scotty jokes I shake my head "Nope, I'm quite used to it actually."

"Like actually?" Josh asked shocked causing us all to laugh again. "Only for plays in school." I answer truthfully.

   ....................................................................

Later in the day we all got to work doing something when Henry approached me "The song you sang earlier, whose it by?" "Band called Daughters songs called burn it down."

Henry nodded "A persons song choice says a lot about them and their story, whatever happened to you. I'm sorry." And just as quickly as he came he left.

"Edward scissor hands bothering you?" I don't even have to turn around to know it's Kirin. "No, just wanted to know what song I sang earlier." Kirin nodded.

I went back to finding and collecting materials to help us out but paused when Kirin spoke up "The song, what was it?" I smiled "Burn it down by Daughters." Kirin nodded

"Why you like it?" I smiled a knowing look to Kirin "I liked that you sung it, how you sung it. You felt what you were singing. I feel that way too." I nodded at his words.

He didn't need to elaborate some how since we got here Kirin and I didn't need to elaborate we always knew what the other meant by why little we said or what we didn't say. It was something special.