DAY 14. JAG INVADING CAMP + CAMPFIRE CUDDLES

I listened as the waves crashed against the shore over and over, despite the circumstance the sound of the ocean was very comforting especially now that we were trying to sleep.

Last night I didn't get much sleep thanks to Scotty. I had laid down by his feet and just when I was about to fall asleep he kicked me in the head in his sleep. I knew he was hyper active. But I figured once he was asleep he was out. Boy was I wrong.

After being kicked in the head for 15 minutes I got fed up and stepped over the bodies of the boys softly over to Kirin, I gently shook him awake and asked him to scooch over as Scotty had kicked me in the head a dozen times, Kirin didn't say anything but he did move over for me.

When we all got in our shelter to sleep Kirin made sure I slept by him, so here we are laying next to one another so closely that if I move slightly my skin would be touching his. The thought of it didn't bother me either.

Kirin yawns loudly from next to me which in turn causes me to yawn, "Anybody hear that?" Bo asks "Hear what?" "I'm not sure" Bo whispers.

"Probably heard someone's stomach growl." I groan "Yeah dude. Don't cry wolf while we're trying to fucking sleep." Kirin agrees it goes silently for a moment but Bo ruins it.

"I think I heard it again." My eyes snap open as I look up "Dude you're paranoid just go to sleep." "There's always a lot of noises out there, I'm sure it's nothin'." Seth says.

"If Bo heard something, he heard something." Scotty sticks up for his friend. Before anyone could respond a loud snarl is heard outside.

I bolt up right my eyes wide, "Please tell me we all just imagined that." "Can nine people all imagine the same thing?" Raf asked answering everyone's question. "Whatever it is, I bet it's decided to steer clear." Seth hopes aloud.

"Death will come for us." Henry speaks "Be it by carnivore, disease, or fates unknown, death will come for us." I gasp at his words. I had lost hope of help coming soon but I wasn't at the point of accepting death. Not yet anyway.

I felt someone grab my hand and squeeze it I look down and then up at the person, Kirin. He nodded at me and I knew what he was saying he was saying we will be fine. I nodded back.

"Henry, not now." Seth grumbles to his brother usually their banter is funny but not right now, "Sorry, but it's true. The Grim Reaper is sharpening his scythe, just for us." Seth hisses and glares at Henry "Not now." He demands

"And the wind and the rain and the winter squalls we'll be found with barnacles." Henry shouts a chant, my eyes widen and I rip my hand from Kirin I put my finger to my lip "Shh Henry, shut up!" I demand quietly so whatever is outside doesn't attack.

"Just shut up! Please." I beg desperately the thing outside growls again even louder than before "Scotty..." Bo whispers in fear we all sit quietly and very still. I can hear the animal huffing and snorting.

"Bo... do not move. Nobody move." Scotty whispers and he does not have to tell me twice I was as still as stone. The animal makes another sound causing me to wince. The animal snarls and growls Josh screams and darts out of the shelter towards the ocean.

Kirin is quick to do the same and grabbing me along with him, "Don't look back, just keep running Emmy." Kirin and I run as fast as we can to the ocean. Once we hit the water we go out so the water is to our waist or more so Kirin's waist my chest.

Kirin turns to look at me complete worry written all over his face "Are you ok??" I can't find the words to speak so I just give him a nod as the others reach us.

  .......................................................................

I sat in the sand shivering the sun had risen not too long ago and that's when we all got out of the ocean in fear of whatever animal that was.

I could hear my teeth chatter as I shiver every time a drop of water fell from my wet hair and onto my skin my chill bumps grew chill bumps. I wouldn't be surprised if my lips were blue.

The boys were sorting through things and surveying the damage done to the camp, I look up as Kirin made his way over to me with his green flannel "Don't argue Emmy, you're shaking like a leaf and your legs and arms are purple." I reached out and grabbed the soft material in my arm and threw it over my shoulders and slipped my arms in the sleeves.

I look up to meet Kirin's eyes "Thank you." He nods "You're welcome." "Oh a monster lives in our backyard we'll be found with bite marks on our nards." Henry chants. Kirin looks away from Henry and to me I shake some from being called and scared.

Kirin scoots so our hips are touching and throws his arm around my shoulders and rubs my arm up and down soothingly, I sigh and rest my head on his chest immediately feeling warmer.

"Seriously though, what was that thing?" Seth looks to everyone "Gotta be some big cat." Scotty states as Bo nods "What wild cats are even in a tropical setting?" I huff as I hear their conversation.

"I don't know but I would really like to not have this conversation so if you must could you like be quieter or I don't know go talk somewhere else?" They boys eye me and their faces grow softer.

"Sorry, we weren't considering how you felt. Are you ok?" Seth comes over to me as I shake "Fuck does it look like? She's freezing and scared to death." Kirin snaps as Seth nods.

"Where's the lighter? I'll start a fire." Raf asks as Bo throw the lighter to him. Raf gets the fire going in no time and I'm so relieved I could cry. "Hey." I move my head so it's craned up to Kirin "rest your head in my lap and try to catch some sleep, ok?" I smile and nod.

I place my head in Kirin's lap I pull his flannel over my face and smell it, I smile as I relish in the scent of salt from Kirin's sweat and a sweet undertone from the environment around us. I feel my eyes flutter shut but they shoot open a second later when I feel finger running through my hair.

I smile and feel a blush creep up my face at the fact that Kirin is playing with my hair.