DAY 27. SNAKE BITE

I wake up feeling cold and notice Kirin is not laying with me anymore, I stretch and pull myself out of the hammock with a yawn.

Everyone was seated by the fire eating I lazily plop myself down next to Josh as he scooted over for me, Ivan and Raf no longer with us. I sigh sadly as I do miss their presence.

"What's the plan for today?" Bo asks as he passes me what they had been snacking on which was saltine crackers. Morning is just a snack but night we eat dinner which is mostly fish now.

"We could get some more water, maybe I could go find some berries or something." I suggest and the boys nod, I eat some more cracker and decide to get to it "Hey em, can I come with?" I smile big at Josh "Of course dude, don't gotta ask. Just come."

Josh and I say bye to the other boys and head off for water and berries or something.

  ..........................................................................

Josh and I reach the waterfall within an hour we re fill all the water bottles and put them into a pack Josh brought, I decided to take a quick dip in the waterfall as Josh stood on the side.

I had asked him if he wanted to swim but he said no and I didn't push, I got out of the water and rung out my shirt before throwing my pack over my shoulder and Josh and I moved out.

"I read a book that said berries tend to grow in a moist environment." Josh told me and I nodded my head "Yeah but, this is an island."

"It's always moist." Josh finished for me and I nodded "Should we split up? Cover more ground." Josh asked "Yeah nice one J." I high fived him "Stay within shouting distance." Josh nodded at my words and we stalked off in different directions.

I walk as twigs snap under my feet and look high and low for any berries, Henry had told us a chant to tell which ones were more dangerous but I forgot what that was so I was going to run off my five senses.

If a berry looked good, felt good, and tasted good. It was probably good. If they didn't then it was poisonous, maybe that's not the best way to go about it but I've always been good with listening to my body and my gut so I was putting my trust in that and hope it's enough.

I bend down my knees popping causing me to grimace, I find a bush that held brightly colored berries that reminded me of blue berries. I knew they were not blue berries but They looked damn close to it.

I picked one off the bush and held it close to my eyes and saw small black dots on the berry and thought it best not to bring them back to eat, I moved along and saw some red berries and bent down and saw they look and felt ok.

I broke a small bit off and tasted it and was surprised it tasted good, I slung my pack off and picked off the berries from the bush until I got all the berries.

I got up and moved to a tree and looked up and my eyes widened and I felt myself squeal, coconuts. I found coconuts. I threw my pack to the ground and hoisted myself up the tree.

I was thankful for my gymnastics background or I may not have been able to climb up the tree, once I reach where the lowest coconut was hanging and was able to shake it free as it hit the ground. 

I smile to myself and climb down the tree and put the coconut into my pack, I stand up and immediately fall back down as I feel this burning pain shoot to my foot.

I look down and see a snake slithering away and Into the bushes, my eyes widen and immediately kick my shoes off to reveal fang marks. I sigh frustrated and then hiss in pain.

My foot was swelling fast, burning, itching, and felt tingly all at once. "Josh!" I scream and hear nothing "JOSH! Help!" I scream again soon Josh moves into my vision and falls next to me.

"Emma, you ok? What happen?" I wipe tears away as the pain is growing unbearable "Snake" I manage to gasp out Josh looks at my foot and sees the marks and blood trickling out of the wound.

"Ok, uh. I'm going to run back and get everyone." Josh says moving to get up but I stop him "Josh, no. Please. I'm scared I don't want to be alone." I watch as Josh's face softens "It'll be ok Em, but if I carry you back I can't move as fast. I'll run tell them what happened and immediately run back to you ok?"

I cry in fear and shake my head no over and over "Hey, faster I leave faster I'll be back ok? Just focus on breathing." I nod my head slowly at his words knowing I don't have much argument and I do need help ASAP.

With that Josh nods and quickly runs off back to camp to get the others.

.............................................................................

KIRIN'S POV:

The boys and I have just thrown the two fish we caught onto our make shift grill and started to cook up dinner, Emma and Josh should be back soon I hope it they're taking a long time meaning they found more food.

"Josh and Emma isn't back yet?" Scotty asks looking around as I shake my head "Shouldn't they be back by now?" I shrug my shoulders "Hoping they are bringing something back." Scotty nods at me.

"They have time, sun isn't setting for another few hours." Henry calms us down as we all nod. I go back to cooking the fish when we hear yelling I look up and see Josh running but no Emma.

I stop what I'm doing and pay more attention as he runs to us he is yelling and waving his hands, once he gets to us Bo offers him water and a seat but he refuses.

"Emma, she was bit by a snake. It's bad." Josh turns to me "I'm sorry Kirin, I couldn't carry her with me." I nod my head understanding.

We all immediately run off the beach and into the forest, "What color was it?" I hear Henry ask "She didn't say, she just said a snake bit her. Guys she is in a lot of pain." Josh says and then looks back up to us as we run.

"She said she was scared, I think she thinks she is going to die." And once those words left Josh's mouth I felt my heart stop and blood run cold. I ran even faster then I had been.

I had to get to her, I had to get to my girl. I need her.