DAY 33. SKIPPING STONES + KIRIN'S INTERROGATION

I chucked a rock in the ocean trying to skip the rocks but it didn't work, I huffed and tried again and failed. I was standing on a Boulder in the sand and picking up the rocks that sat on top. 

"You gonna tell me about that little outburst." I turn around at the voice and my eyes meet blue. I sigh and bent down and picked up another rock and threw it into the ocean.

"Josh attacking Bo unprovoked, Everyone fighting because of a fish." "Yeah Josh shouldn't have done that." Kirin agrees then turns to me "But if we accept fish from that douche nozzle then he thinks he has an in, he doesn't."

I nod my head "Yeah, but we are all stranded on an island we should accept help when it's offered. It's smart especially when we are running low, that doesn't mean we forgive Seth and are buddy buddy with him and it doesn't mean what he did is ok." I explain

Kirin nods "Yeah I guess you're right, I'm sorry I let it get out of hand and upset you." "It's fine." I pick up another rock and toss it in the ocean and groan as the rock doesn't skip. "Baby, what are you doing?" Kirin asks as I sigh "Trying to skip the rocks."

Kirin bent down and picked up a rock and showed me "The stone has to be flat on both sides and smooth, and you don't just throw it." Kirin explains as he motions how I had just throwing the rock in, "You toss it and flick your wrist." He motions with his hands.

"Like with a frisbee?" I ask and Kirin nods his head "Exactly, watch this." And Kirin tosses the stone with the flick of his wrist and the stone skips on the top of the water before sinking to the bottom.

I bent down and found a flat smooth stone and showed it to Kirin for his approval, Kirin smiled and nodded his head I reared my arm back and tossed the rock with the flick of my wrist I groaned when it just sunk.

Kirin chuckled and shook his head "What? I did what you said." I say frustrated causing Kirin to laugh louder "You're throwing it." Kirin states and shows how I was throwing it "You need to toss." He says as he shows how to toss it.

"Ok I got it." I determine I grab a stone like before and move my body to toss but feel Kirin grab my wrist gently I turn to him "You keep wanting to throw over hand, toss under hand." Kirin tells me as he moves himself behind me.

Kirin wraps his strong arms around my body and helps me toss the stone, I flick my wrist as the stone skips across the oceans surface and then slowly sinks. I spin around and throw my arms around Kirin's neck happily.

Kirin laughs as he wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tightly, I pull away slightly our arms still holding one another "Does this count as that date you won from the bet?" Kirin scoffs at me "This is not a date, this is just a sweet moment with my favorite girl."

I blush and Kirin leans down and kisses my lips, I kiss Kirin back immediately no matter how many kisses we have shared he always manages to take my breath away. When Kirin and I pull away we rest our heads on each other's forehead catching our breaths.

"I really love you Kir." I whisper Kirin blushes and smiles "I really love you too."

  ...........................................................................

KIRIN'S POV:

"Is there anything that you might share with us about what he told you that day?"  The lady asked me I had forgotten what she said her name was, I didn't care.

"It changed us. It changed everything." I state emotionless my head resting on the metal desk in front of me.

"How exactly did it change you? She pressed more, I shook my head "Not sure it's one of those things you can describe, just..." I pause as I sit up "... boom, and then nothing was the same."

"Well, for you to be so rattled by this, that's saying a lot." She paused and looked at me for a reaction and continued "You who'd been so strong, so steady, the one everyone counted on, or at least that's what the others have said."

"Used to that, I guess." I deadpan the truth causing them to give me a questioning look so I sighed and continued "Sort of had to be an adult back home, you know? Mom doesn't count. You figured that out if you talked to her."

I smiled but it wasn't real at all "And my father..." I make a whooshing sound indicating he left.

The male of the two leans forward "I wonder if this adult quality that you have is why Josh felt so comfortable opening up to you when he shared with you what he did." It wasn't a question just a statement.

"I actually figured out where he lived, my dad." I tell them as they listen intently "New house, new wife, new kid." I emphasize the kid part.

"I was in the third grade I think and I went by. They were having pancakes for dinner." I laugh sadly "That feeling... ... never really goes away." I trail off but continue "That shitty feeling of not mattering to people... not mattering to the people you're supposed to matter to."

"It hits hard. It hits early. And it will fuck with your soul." I sigh and look to the two detectives in front of me "But, I found someone who cared for me. Deeply."

"Emma James." The lady tells me as I nod my head "Yeah, Emma. She...she showed me what it feels like for someone to truly care and love you, she's the first person to ever love me to care about it. Id do anything to protect her, I'd do anything to make sure she is happy and Ok."

I move closer as I speak "I love her so fucking much, and learning what Seth did to Josh I couldn't stop thinking what he would do to her. I wasn't going to let him get the chance."

The male detective writes something down and then turns to me "But he did do something to her, didn't he?" "Not anything close to what he did to Josh, he hurt her physically because he was threatened by the information she was getting close to."

They both nod their heads and write whatever the fuck on their stupid notebooks "That not mattering shit... ... you can let it fuck you up. Or you can bury it." I state "And which did you do?" The woman asks me.

"Buried it, if anything it made me a better person. I learned at a young age I can't count on anyone but myself, Emma proved me wrong. In all the right ways possible." I say as I sniffle and look away feeling my eyes tear up.

I just wanted to go home, forget this whole thing, and just be with my girl.