DAY 16. FEASTING ON JAG

I sat in a cold hard metal seat in a bland room in front of two males, they claim they work for the coast guard and just would like to know what happened on the island.

"Please state your name and age." The man named Young spoke my eyebrows raised "For the recording." He clarified taping the rap record sat on the table.

"Emma James, 16." Faber the other man sat beside young nodded "What was it like being the only girl among At boys?" Faber questioned and I scoffed "Shouldn't you be asking why I was the only girl?"

"That won't be a necessary question." Young spoke up I leaned forward in my chair and put my elbows on the table "Funny, seems like you know the answer to that one." Faber and Young exchanged a look and I smiled slightly seeing as I got somewhere I wasn't supposed too.

"Well be asking the questions miss. James." Faber spoke calmly I put my hands up in surrender and leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms "So ask."

  ........................................................................

I sip on my bottle of water as I watch the waves crash onto the shore and wishing I had a surf board I could ride the swells on, my attention gets taken off the ocean as Kirin approaches a piece of bark as a platter with pieces of cooked jag "Who wants some more?"

Raf reaches out and takes some meat "This is unreal, dude. I can't believe you got it to taste okay." "Hey, it's not just okay, okay? This shit is fucking marketable. It... it's all-natural, gluten-free. It's exotic. I mean, when we get home, me and you are gonna talk. We gonna see if we can market this shit." Scotty boasts to Kirin as he takes some meat.

Kirin makes his way to me and I grab two pieces of meat, Kirin scoffs and pushes the bark of meat in my face I smile and roll my eyes as I take a few more pieces which seems to satisfy Kirin. He sets the bark like tray of meat on the ground for others to get some more, he sits next to me and leans back on his elbows.

"Yeah, I don't know. I tried a few things. Took that bunker ketchup and used it as a rub, and then I smoked the meat for a punch of mesquite." He said as he made a fancy hand gesture, "Um, I'm sorry, what?" Kirin sighs and sits himself up "Uh, my coach used to be a pit master. Taught me all this cool shit."

Ivan looks over to Kirin guiltily "It's good, Kirin. Compliments to the chef." I turn my head and smile brightly at Kirin "Yeah, who knew we had our very own Gordon Ramsey!" Kirin laughs at me and whispers a thank you in my ear. He looks around the group "Where's J-Bird, huh? He get any?"

I look around confused as it wasn't like Josh to be missing at all, "You know what, maybe we should just let him chill. He's super hungover. Probably should just, like, walk it off. Besides the energy is good here." Seth nods at his own words.

"If Josh comes over, then it's a whole spiel about alcohol and the effects on his microbiome." We all laugh at what Seth said "He might not be drinking enough water." Raf speaks as he watches Josh from afar. "That's true... Raf, tell them what he told you. Tell them why he doesn't wanna drink from the water supply."

Raf laughs "He doesn't want to abuse his white privilege." I laugh and pop a piece of meat into my mouth and then look to my left at Kirin and pick up a piece of jag meat and hold it up to his lips, he eyes it and opens his mouth as I drop it into his mouth. I go to pull my hand away but feel a hand grip my wrist gently and turn to eye Kirin.

He smiles innocently before putting my pointer finger in his mouth and sucking the juice and grease off of it, my eyes widen as I watch him he takes my fiber from his mouth and kisses the tip of it before taking my middle in his mouth and doing the same. When he lets my hand fall into my lap I just stare at him in bewilderment and I won't lie a bit turned on.

Kirin winks at me and goes back to the conversation as if nothing happened.