NIGHT 27. OUT OF THE WOODS

EMMA'S POV:

I woke up and groaned as my entire body aches and felt stiff, I felt someone sit up hearing me "Emmy! How are you feeling?" I smile as I hear that voice. His voice.

"Kirin." I see Kirin nod as he comes into my vision "It's me baby." I sigh "I feel better, but my bones feels like they're all broken." Kirin nods "Yeah, you had a seizure. Josh says that's normal to feel that way."

My eyes widen "A...seizure?" "Yeah, it was pretty fucking scary." Kirin sniffs and I slowly start to sit up and make my way Kirin and hug him as tight as my weak body is able.

"I'm so sorry I scared you, but I'm ok now." Kirin nods as he presses my hand to his face and cries "I thought I was going to lose you, after the seizure." I nod my head in understanding.

"You can't get rid of my that easy." I rasp as my throat is dry Kirin must have noticed as he reaches over and hands me water. I take it with shaky hands and gulp down the water.

Kirin smiled proudly "You're getting better, before you couldn't even drink yourself." I nod my head remembering some of Kirin making sure I was drinking water, "Can you do me a favor?" I ask and Kirin nods his head.

"Can you help me to the beach." Kirin eyes wide and he goes to protest but I cut him off "I just want to cool off, get this sick sweaty feeling off."

"Ok, but I'm not leaving your side. And your not walking." I look down at my foot and see that it's swollen and bruising "I'm not walking on that." I assure pointing to my foot "It's so big it doesn't even look like a foot anymore."

Kirin laughs as he picks me up and Carries me outside of the shelter we have. The sun looks to have just gone down and that's when the 3 boys that didn't leave us notice us.

Then run over with various questions all asking if I'm ok "Yeah, she's fine. She wants to cool off in the water." And with that they leave us alone.

Kirin takes us away down the beach from prying eyes, but we are still close by we can hear their voices in the distance. Kirin walks us into the water and I sigh as a wave splashes water down my back.

Kirin sets me down gently watching as I smile and sigh relieved at the coolness the water is giving me, Kirin shrugs his tank off and throws it into the sand and sits down next to me.

I start to lift my arms up and take my shirt off slowly, Kirin eyes me funny "I'm not having sex with you hours after you just like, seized." I laugh lightly "No, these are gross now. I want to somewhat clean off."

Kirin nods and then laughs "That's the first time I've ever told a girl no." I bring my face close to his and whisper "You didn't tell me no, because I wasn't asking for it. But we all know if I were, you couldn't resist it." I finish as my finger gently touches his lips.

Kirin's eyes grow darker as I pull away and start to run the water over my arms, Kirin sighs "You're right, but you have to take it easy for a few days." I nod agreeing with him as I feel like someone ran me over.

"Let me help you." Kirin whispers and I feel him take water to my shoulder and back and massages gently I moan at how good that feels, he is really good at massages. I feel Kirin's hands move to my back and slowly unclip my bra and pushes it off my shoulder before flinging it to the sand.

"I thought I had to take it easy." Kirin laughs as his breath fans over my shoulder "You do, I'm helping you clean off." Kirin spins me around gently and starts to clean my front with the ocean water, it isn't perfect but...anything is better then how I feel now.

I watch as Kirin wipes the dirt off my body in concentration, I try to memorize how his hands feel on my skin. How they immediately spread warmth throughout my whole body even though he is touching on part of my body.

How his hands make me feel like I'm home, before I never felt as though I belonged. I don't know why I just always felt out of place, but here with Kirin. I feel at home. I feel like I finally belong.

  .........................................................................

Kirin insisted on carrying me back and I didn't stop him as my bones felt as though they would break, We make it back to camp and into the shelter Kirin gently put me down and then gently lifts my leg up and places it on a suitcase to keep it elevated.

Kirin then lays down beside me and pulls me into his chest and kisses my head, "I love you too." I gasp and turn around in his arms "What?" Kirin laughs "The night before the snake bit you, I heard you tell me you love me. I love you too."

I smile and feel my heart race "You, you do?" Kirin nods his head "Of course, how could I not? You're everything I've ever wanted."

I kiss Kirin on the lips and he immediately kisses back, we make out for a while before we pull away for air "Get some rest beautiful."

And with that I fall asleep wrapped in my loves arms and feel safe from the world.