DAY 21. FISHING AND SINGING

I sat in the sand close to the ocean whittling away at a stick with a rock, I look up when I see a shadow suddenly cast over me taking my sun away.

Immediately my skin feels cool as the sun is now behind the person standing in front of me, goose bumps cover my arms and legs as I only have a bikini on.

"What are you crafting Emma?" Ivan asks as he sits down beside me I go back to work on my spear "A spear." I deadpan as I'm so focused on what I am doing.

"Why? We don't need it."

"The jag meat is almost gone, food from the plane is gone. What are we going to eat then, hmm?" I ask as I look to Ivan

"Ok." Ivan nods "So what's your plan?" I smile at Ivan then point my finger to the ocean "Ocean is full of fish." Ivan smiles proudly at me.

"I knew there was a reason we kept you around, that Brain of yours." Ivan taps at my temple "And the fact that the beauty has tamed her beast."

"What?" I ask confused and Ivan points down the beach to Kirin who is shirtless and teaching Josh how to do push ups right. "Ever since you got back from the waterfall he hasn't been as rude to any of us. Just wonder what you did."

"He asked me out, and I said yes." Ivan gasps and covers his mouth "Kirin O'Connor? The Man whore himself has landed himself a girlfriend?"

"You really love to drag him through the mud don't ya?" I ask Ivan turning my attention back to my spear. "We just don't have the best history." Ivan sums up

I turn my attention to him "Yeah, I know all about that. Speaking out about what the coach did I get that, but kicking someone while they're already clearly down and basically forcing him to call your slurs then post it online for everyone to see? That's not cool. It's petty, his scholarship he had for a college? Yeah you fucked that for him. Real heroic." I snap but keep my voice level as I get up deciding my spear was Sharp enough.

I walk past Kirin and Josh not saying a word and make my way into the ocean "Emma, wanna exercise with us?" Josh asks "Not really." I say

"Henry! You got a badge for fishing?" I ask as he nods "Looks like your with me then."

  ......................................................................

Henry stood behind me as I reared my arm back and threw my body wait into the arm that held the spear for the millionth time today. The point of my spear almost nicks the tail of a fish but misses my a centimeter.

I smack the spear onto the water repeatedly "Damnit! Son of a Damnit." Yell "Can I give it a shot." Henry asks I pass him my spear "Knock yourself out."

Soon a fish comes towards us and Henry pushes the spear under the water and towards the fish Henry hits no where close to the fish I'm about to speak up when he dives into the waves and emerges with a fish in hand.

"Holy shit." I utter out in shock "How the hell did you do that first try?" Henry smiles at me "I made sure it was cornered and when I used the spear I deterred it and it went exactly where I wanted it too."

I nod impressed "When did you get that idea?" "Since the beginning." I put my finger in the air "Wait wait wait. So this whole time I've been throwing myself into the water trying to catch a fish, and you knew how to get one first try?"

Henry laughs and nods his head "Yes, it was amusing watching you though. Definitely made my day." I smile and shake my head "Glad I could be of service to your sick sense of humor."

Henry and I make our way out of the water and towards the others who are doing various things, Ivan was writing in his journal, Bo and Scotty were having a slap box fight, Raf reading a book, and Kirin and Josh were now doing sit ups.

"Guys, we have caught a being from salt water." Henry announces to everyone as he holds the fish above his head. Raf looks up surprised "Woah! How did you do that?"

"Emma made a spear." Henry answers as he points to the spear in my hand "Yeah, my spear didn't do much at all. It was Henry."

Henry scoffed "I wouldn't have caught the fish without it." Bo runs up and scoops the fish from Henry "We should gut it now, before it goes bad." Bo and Scotty then head over by a Boulder sticking up from the sand.

Kirin smiles proudly at me "That's my girl." Josh claps as he runs and hugs Henry and I "Holy finding Nemo, this is like a real treat."

  ........................................................................

Everyone is laughing and talking as we eat the last bit of jag and fish Henry and I caught. I'm pressed against Kirin's chest with his hand wrapped around my middle my hand holding his.

"Okay, this shit. This shit is definitely marketable." Scotty cheers everyone nods their heads in agreement.

"Feels like Bear Grylls in this bitch." Everyone laughs at me "Or survivor." Bo suggests.

"I wish daddy Jeff probst would appear." Ivan sighs dramatically and I point in his direction "Yes! Where is my immunity idol!" Ivan laughs along with me.

"Yeah survivor minus no money prize." Kirin speaks disappointedly Henry laughs "Speaking of survivor Seth's tribe has spoken." Henry then makes the sound effect and hand motion of snuffing someone's torch out.

Normally I would have found this funny but considering the situation in which this event happened and how recent it was I didn't find it funny.

Ivan snickers as he loves a good pun Scotty smiled and shakes his head. But no one else makes signs of appreciating the joke, "How about Lost?" Raf speaks after a bit of silence.

Kirin nods "I can get behind that one, very déjà vu."

"Plane crash episode from Greys Anatomy." Ivan remembers and I jump out of Kirin's arms and move to Ivan "Stop, you love that show too?" Ivan laughs "Well I am gay. It would be a crime if I didn't."

"Mcsteamy or mcdreamy?" I blurt "Oh mcdreamy." Ivan immediately responds.

"I'm both, depends on the day and mood. But usually mcsteamy." Ivan nods "There is no wrong answer, they're both hot." I nod "Indeed."

"Emma." Raf says getting my attention I look to him as he gives me the smallest smile "You should sing for us again." All the boys cheer and clap "Encore, encore" Kirin shouts as the others follow his lead.

"Ok ok. Let me think." I agree as I think for a moment Ivan leans into my ear and whispers something and I smile at him and nod.

"Come on, come on
Put your hands into the fire
Explain, explain
As I turn, I meet the power"

"This time, this time
Turning white and senses dying
Pull up, pull up
From one extreme to another"

"From the summer to the spring
From the mountain to the air
From samaritan to sin
And it's waiting on the air"

"Come on, come on
Put your hands into the fire
Explain, explain
As I turn, I meet the power"

"This time, this time
Turning white and senses dying
Pull up, pull up
From one extreme to another"

"This time, this time
Turning white and senses dying
Pull up, pull up
From one extreme to another"

I turn to look at Ivan as he joined me singing, we nod at each other and keep going.

"Now I'm low, I'm looking out, I'm looking in
Way down, the lights are dimmer
Now I'm low, I'm looking out, I'm looking in
Way down, the lights are dimmer
Come on, come on
Put your hands into the fire
Come on, come on"

The boys clap and cheer for us while Kirin hoots and Hollers and claps, I swear he wanted to be the loudest just so I could hear him.

Ivan grabs my hand and pulls me up with him as we both bow and curtsy "Don't get your panties in a twist, will be here all week."