NIGHT 34. PEACEFUL SLEEP

The fishermen gave us blankets and pillows and told us to sleep wherever we felt comfortable, even though we had beds and couches we all slept on the floor.

Being stranded on an island for a little over a month according to Ivan's notebook we got used to sleeping on the hard ground that now we can't sleep unless we are in something hard.

Kirin and I laid down in a corner and put a blanket down to lay on top of, two pillows, and then a blanket to have on top of us. "What do you think it'll be like when we get back?" Kirin asks "I'm not sure, I'm sure it'll be all over the news." I said thinking about how something so serious happened would definitely make the news.

"I'm kind of scared, to go back." Kirin whispers and I look up at him "Why?" I ask concerned and he sighs "I don't have anything to go back too. I don't have school, my mom probably forgot I excited, I don't know. Just scared."

"I'm scared too, but knowing I have you and everyone else it makes me feel like it'll be ok." I tell him honestly "Besides, you have me. I'll make sure you're ok, and so will Josh. You're not alone." I continue and I mean it, whatever Kirin needs I'll make it happen.

He has done so much for me that it's time I do something for him, "Thank you Emmy, I don't know what I would do without you." "No need to thank me, this is what we do for each other." I tell him and kiss his chest and rest my head back down.

"When we get back you still owe me a date." Kirin tells me and I laugh "I do don't I?" "Mhm, and with that million dollars I can take you anywhere." Kirin adds and I don't even have to look up at him to know he is smirking.

"What's your dream first date?" I ask Kirin and I feel him shrug and start to rub my back "I've never thought about it, I guess just spending quality time with you over some bomb ass food then going and like bowl or mini golf or something then dessert."

I nod my head "I like that, thank god you didn't say a movie for a first date." "Ew no, defeats the whole purpose of a first date." Kirin gasps and I laugh "What's your dream first date?" Kirin asks me.

"Well I always liked the idea of a picnic on the beach, but now...I'm kinda over the beach thing." Kirin and I laugh but I sigh and continue "obviously some good food, and showing each other our interests and then they can become a shared thing. Our thing." I reiterated.

"But also just being around someone you really love and care for, it wouldn't really matter what we were doing. As long as I'm with you it would be perfect." I tell him. "Promise me, that. No matter what it'll be us against the world?" Kirin asks and I nod my head immediately "I promise it's us against the world, Always."

I feel Kirin nod and then he yawns "Let's get some sleep." I suggest "Ok, I love you baby. Goodnight." Kirin mumbles into my hair and presses a kiss to my head. "Goodnight babe, I love you too." I yawn and shut my eyes.

...........................................................................

KIRIN'S POV:

I wake up and wipe my eyes I smile as I look down and see Emma clinging to my chest soft snores coming from her, I kiss her head and slowly wiggle out from under her.

I look back and make sure she was still peacefully sleeping, I sigh relieved that I didn't wake her. I stand up and step over everyone making sure not to wake them, I get to the table and see Bo and Josh already awake.

"Morning dude." Bo nods as he drinks something hot and steaming "Oh hey, They made us coffee." Josh points to the machine with hot coffee in there I make my way to it and find a mug sitting on the counter.

I pour some into my mug and take it to my seat, "I think I slept the best I have in a long time." Bo nods at me "Me too, I woke up confused where I was for a second." Josh explains and Bo nods vigorously "Same, I had to pinch myself."

"Emma, is usually the first one up. She ok?" Bo asks as he looks over to Emma who is still asleep "Yeah, She must of needed it." I speak as I smile at her sleeping form. "Yeah, she has been getting up as soon as the sun is out and staying busy. Plus when you left for rescue she didn't sleep at all and was just so worried, she must have been exhausted." Josh told us and Bo nodded sadly.

"Wait she didn't sleep? At all?" I ask and they nod "I don't think she could, you not being there and her worrying if you were ok." Bo tells me and sees my expression before speaking up again "After she couldn't see you she got everyone to work and then we all ate and played a game."

I nod and sigh relieved she ate and drank "I stayed up pretty late with her, I told her I would switch watch with her in an hour or so but rescue came before then." "Thanks J." I say and pat his back.

Ivan wakes up next and sits down dramatically "Got enough Beauty sleep Taylor?" I ask and he nods "Yes, not waking up to the sound of the ocean is music to my ears." Ivan looks at me confused and then does it again "What?" I ask irritated.

"Where's your better half?" He asks confused and I scoff at him "She is still sleeping, she is the better half but that doesn't mean you can say it." Bo and Josh laugh and I smack them.

"Dude, they're sleeping." I motion to the sea of bodies all laid across the floor and Seth in a chair, he never woke up last night hopefully Raf gave him a serious concussion and he is passed out for awhile longer.

I drink some coffee and Ivan leans to see my cup, "Dude, what's your deal?" I snap irritated "You would drink your coffee black." He scrunches his nose up and turns the other way.

I roll my eyes and continue my conversation with Josh, I'm so focused in it that I jump when someone links their arm through mine. I turn around wide eyed but soon relax as it's just Emma.

"How'd you sleep beautiful?" she smiles at me "So good, how about you?" "Pretty good, just happy to be out of there." She nods at me and I push my mug to her and she immediately swipes it.

She takes a sip and spits it back into the cup "What the fuck is that?" She grimaces and picks up a napkin and scrubs at her tongue everyone laughs at her, "Your boy likes his coffee black." Ivan tells her disgusted.

"I'm sorry." She says as she places her hand on my shoulder "I love you, but that." She points at my mug "Was horrid." I laugh as she gets up and makes herself her own coffee.

I watch as she loads it with sugar, milk, and hazel nut. She sits back next to me and takes a sip and moans "Now that's a coffee." "Can I try?" I ask and she nods I take a sip and swallow it and smack my lips together to get a better taste.

"It's pretty good." I tell her and she nods "It is, it's no Starbucks but it'll do." "Bitch, me and you are going to go to Starbucks together." Ivan tells her and she nods "Hell yeah, then target?"

"Of course target, they go perfectly together." Ivan scoffs and I roll my eyes at them. Ivan and I may have put our shit in the past but I just don't see how they can be such close friends.

I'm not mad at it, it just feels weird I guess.

Eventually everyone is awake and laughing and talking when one the of crew members comes down and starts to make us breakfast.