DAY 16. BANISHMENT

*WARNING*    MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT

...........................................................................

"Would you say you and Kirin O'Connor grew close?" Faber asked me "Yeah, you could say that." I speak showing no emotion. "And when would you say was the turning point went from friends to something more?" Faber asked again.

"I don't know, ever since the first day he looked out for me. But I guess the night the jag came into our camp. He protected me. From there on it was something more." I spoke honestly.

Faber wrote it down as Young watched me. "Where is he? I want to see him." I spoke leaving no room for arguing "We can't let you do that, he is being processed along side you." Young spoke and I scoffed.

"I want to see Kirin, now." I demanded.

............................................................................

KIRIN'S POV

After what Josh told me I made a beeline back to camp Josh asked me not to do anything and I agreed but walking an hour back to camp I kept changing my mind.

"I'm gonna kill him." I tell Josh emotionless Josh ran in front of me to stop me from walking "Kirin, no. You said you wouldn't, over and over."

"And I keep changing my mind over and over. But you can't just sweep this shit under the rug." I tell him Josh nods "Yeah, but it's my thing. Don't I get to decide what happens?"

"There have to be consequences. Otherwise monsters like this piece of shit start getting fucking confident and they take charge."

"No! I can't tell people. Like... I don't wanna be the kid who, like... Look, I'm not gonna be that." Josh speaks nervously.

"Then we don't tell them what happened and I beat the shit out of him anyway." I go to keep walking but Josh pushes me back.

"Okay, no, but I was drunk and I was all over the place, so who even knows and who's gonna believe me?"

"I believe you!" I exaggerate I sigh "Look, if you want me to chill, not say anything, not do anything, fine. But if he comes near you again..." I pause as I realize something.

"Fuck dude we gotta go." I tell Josh as I start to run "Why?" I turn back around to Josh still moves "Because Emma is alone, with Seth." And with that Josh runs with me too.

   .......................................................................

After what Seth did I cradled my wrist as I walk along the beach staying in sight of camp, I watch as the waves crash over my feet over and over again. Luckily Kirin left his flannel that I slipped on to cover the bruise Seth had left.

I turn around as I hear Seth yelling I see Seth talking to Bo and Scotty who look unhappy, I sigh as I realize they didn't find water. Raf and Ivan appear and Ivan throws himself in the sand.

"No luck?" I ask as I approach and everyone shakes their head, "Hey!" Seth shouts as Kirin and Josh approach "Goal?" Josh smiles and throws his hands up with the filled water bottles.

The boys cheer as I remain seated, "Bottled at the source, Crystal Geyser realness." Scotty cheers raising a bottle to his lips but Henry swiftly grabs it from him "Don't, it needs purifying." And with that Scotty spits out the rest.

"Huge find. Thanks, guys." Raf smiles at Josh who nods "Yeah, of course. It's a really good spot about an hour away." Josh says as he looks at Kirin who nods his head at him.