Cheerful Encounter! CH-84

Narrator: Last time, our heroes managed to win the Tag Tournament. After an exciting battle against Gary and Shauna where, thanks to Charizards' sacrifice, Altaria was the only one left standing. Their celebration wasn't long, however, as none other than Kalos Champion Diantha and Kalos Queen Aria entered the battlefield.

"So Ash and Serena. Are you two ready to get this exhibition battle started?" Diantha suggested to which Ash's face immediately lighted up. He was always up for a challenge, and the chance to battle none other than the Kalos Champion was something he didn't want to miss out on. Even though it was an unofficial battle.

"More then ready! What do you say, buddy?" Ash looked Pikachu straight in the eyes who was located on Lucario's shoulder. "Pika-pi!" Pikachu squealed in excitement. Ash smiled warmly at his starter. He could sense that Pikachu felt the same way as he did.

Then, he turned to Serena. "What about you?" He asked with a small smile on his face. Serena nodded determinedly as she unclipped a pokeball and threw it in the air. "Let's show them what we can do! Go, Sylveon!" Serena added. "Sylveon---!" Sylveon cried out in a soothing tone as she landed in front of her trainer.

Both Aria and Diantha chuckled, earning some confused looks from Ash and Serena. "Something wrong?" Serena asked, feeling unsure of what they were laughing about.

"No, your excitement is wonderful, but there will be a 15-minute intermission first so you can bring your hurt pokemon to the pokemon Centre and so that the battlefield can be restored." Diantha explained. And she was right. The battlefield looked like a mess as there were craters and holes everywhere.

Both Ash and Serena sweatdropped as their excitement had taken over their consciousness. Quickly recovering from it, Serena returned Sylveon back to her pokeball.

"See you in 15 minutes then!" Ash said before he took Serena's hand. "Come on, no time to lose!" He yelled excitedly as he started to dragg her towards the tunnel. Serena, who was still processing everything, got startled by the sudden movement. "Ash!! Slow down!" She shouted as she stumbled right after him.

Diantha and Aria chuckled. "They truly look like a perfect match." Aria commented. "I couldn't agree more..." Diantha agreed before she turned her head towards the commentary room. "Let's go and wake Professor Marvellous up." She sighed to which Aria nodded as they started walking.

(---)

"Ash! Slow down!" Serena yelled as she struggled to keep her balance.

Ash stopped dead in his tracks before he turned around to face her. "Sorry... The excitement took over my consciousness again..." He chuckled lightly as he rubbed his nose with his index finger.

Serena sighed as she shrugged her shoulders. "Sometimes I'm at a loss with you."

They still were holding hands as Ash placed his free hand on her shoulder, causing her to look at him. "I'll try to put a bit more of a hold on my excitement, okay?" He suggested.

Serena shook her head gently. "I don't want you to do that. It's one of the things I admire about you, and I love your excitement and childish behaviour."

Ash frowned as he retracted his head a few inches. "Childish behaviour? When--"

"Never mind, we've got more important things to do now. Let's go to the pokemon Center, okay?" Serena cut him off as this time, she dragged him forward but in a more gentle and steady pace.

Ash turned his head to Pikachu and Lucario as he was being dragged by his girlfriend. The duo looked to the ground as they closed their eyes and shrugged before walking after their trainer.