Chapter 10 Finding Food

The educated youth wanted to go up the mountain to find food. Before leaving, Jiang Qiuyue entered the house and found a piece of paper to draw the ground plants of kudzu and yam.

    In fact, the plants on the ground in spring are definitely not the same as the lush ones that grow in summer and autumn.

    Chen Zhonghua has been in Linhe Village for the longest time, and he is more familiar with Houshan, so he leads the way.

    Jiang Qiuyue walked in the middle, handing out the drawing paper to everyone.

    A group of people walked with sticks and beat the grass. People who are extremely hungry are not afraid of snakes, rats, insects and ants. They dare to catch them and use them as food.

    Gradually entering an open field, Jiang Qiuyue and the others tugged at the bushes and grass to find them.

    Turning around, he saw that Lin Wenqing had already led people inside and found an elm tree, and he was directing one of the male educated youths to climb up and pick elm money.

    Jiang Qiuyue and Chen Zhonghua couldn't find it in the open field, so they ran to see the elm money they picked.

    Chen Zhonghua put a handful in his mouth, and after chewing, he commented, "Too old." A

    bit bitter.

    Fang Weidong, the educated youth who climbed the tree, had bulging eyes.

    "All the leftovers are picked from the top of the tree. If you want to pick the good ones, you have to go inside." Fang Weidong reluctantly put it down and suggested.

    It's not that they haven't been in the mountains in previous years, but they couldn't find the local villagers.

    As soon as the good things on the outside grew, they were taken away by the villagers who paid attention. There were beasts on the inside, and they did not dare to enter.

    A group of people searched left and right and found nothing and then went inside, and soon came across a few old locust trees.

    The green leaves on the locust tree show a little white, which is the bud of the locust flower, and it has not yet opened.

    The male educated youths crawled up, a few pulled branches on top, a few picked up from below, and they were very busy.

    Jiang Qiuyue took the opportunity to look for kudzu and yam around, holding a wooden stick that was split one by one, digging and digging, looking for the root and stem in the impression.

    The hard work paid off. When the educated youths pulled down a pile of locust branches, Jiang Qiuyue finally dug the root of the old yam.

    The good news is that next to it, there are several similar trees.

    She had eaten both yam and kudzu, and when she dug out a small piece to be sure it was yam, she immediately called someone over.

    After Chen Zhonghua ran over to confirm that he had found it, he greeted the male educated youth to start digging.

    Jiang Qiuyue saw that the sky was getting dark, so she suggested to dig out the top and take it back, and mark the remaining ones that grew deeper and come back tomorrow.

    The yam grows straight into the ground, and it takes a long time to fully dig it out. It is not good for them to stay on the mountain too late.

    The male educated youths all started together, dug out five long yam about one meter long, held by one person, and the others carried the locust flower branches, and quickly went down the mountain along the road when they came.