Chapter 116-120

Chapter 116
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 115Next chapter: Chapter 117
Jiang Qiuyue made a pot of hot egg noodles. She wanted to take it out directly to the village to find Peng Jingye, but before she went out, he happened to be back.

"Is it tidied up? Is there anything else that needs to be done?" Peng Jingye asked after entering the door.

He washed his face with the water in the basin. His body was dripping with water. He didn't know if it was sweat or water.

Jiang Qiuyue took out the pot and put it on the stone table, set the dishes and chopsticks, shook her head and said, "There's not much work. All that's left is to dry the furniture and the kang in the room." "You come over to eat first, I've done it

. Egg noodles, I just thought of sending them to you, just in time for you to come back." Jiang Qiuyue waved to him.

Peng Jingye wiped his face, turned around and took off his soaked military uniform jacket, revealing a military green vest underneath. Then he took the noodle bowl and finished the bowl with a few snores.

Jiang Qiuyue asked him to eat it by himself. She went to close the courtyard door tightly and only ate her own portion when she came back. The rest of the pot was left to Peng Jingye to deal with.

In fact, their company went down the mountain to serve the people, and every soldier brought rations. However, the dry biscuits were not as delicious as the hot meals, not to mention that they were made by the future wife.

Peng Lien grew up eating and drinking without any pressure.

After eating, Peng Jingye took care of the small yard of the breeding place and cleaned up the mud brought in by the flood.

Jiang Qiuyue took the opportunity to clean up the small vegetable garden. The vegetables that had been flooded overnight seemed to be no big deal. When the sun came out, they were still growing well, except for the vegetables that were washed here and there.

In the afternoon, Peng Jingye continued to lead people to help with disaster relief, and Jiang Qiuyue followed him out to take a look.

It is gratifying that no one was killed in Linhe Village during this flood, but the food in many households was soaked in water and needed to be moved out to dry one by one. After the flood, poultry epidemic prevention must be paid attention to.

Jiang Qiuyue met Wang Xiaohong in the village square. She and Lin Wenqing were examining and dispensing medicines for the chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry raised by the villagers to prevent the outbreak of diseases after the flood.

Wang Xiaohong arrived at noon and was sent by her master to help the Qingshan Brigade in preventing and treating the epidemic. After she arrived, Liu Jianguo asked the villagers who still had poultry and livestock at home to gather in the village square and give the poultry unified prevention and treatment medicine to nip the danger in the cradle.

Jiang Qiuyue couldn't do the job of moving food, so she ran to help Wang Xiaohong, but Lin Wenqing dismissed her as a light bulb and kicked her away to the Educated Youth Home.

Liu Aiying was unpacking and washing bedding in the courtyard for educated youth. There was a piece of plastic sheet spread on the clean muddy floor of the courtyard, with half-bags of corn, sweet potatoes and other grains hanging out to dry.

"Didn't you cover the roof with plastic sheet and send it to the house? Why did you still have to dry the food?" Jiang Qiuyue asked strangely, twisting the sheets with her hands.

Liu Aiying said that there were a few holes in the plastic sheet, and the corner that Sun Hongri was looking at at that time was not fixed properly, and water leaked in. Some of the grain was soaked in water, and the rest was also damp. It will definitely get moldy over time, so how can we eat it?