Chapter 46-50

Chapter 46
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 45Next chapter: Chapter 47
After the piglets entered the pen, Jiang Qiuyue began to take care of the wild piglets while tidying up her small house.

Taking care of the wild boar cubs is currently simple. She follows Liu Er's wife to hunt pigweed every morning. When she comes back, she chops them up, mixes them with the chaff prepared by the team, cooks them, and then gives them to the pigs after they cool down.

The piglets are small and eat less. They cut back a basket of pigweed each time, which is enough for three times a day.

It's a slack time for farming, and everyone is not working. Sometimes they come to the breeding place to have a look. When they see the two female comrades raising pigs busy every day, the envy dissipates.

Their work in the fields changes with the seasons, and they can rest at intervals. The work of raising pigs is completely year-round.

Jiang Qiuyue didn't think it was anything. She was busier than them during the off-season, and she would definitely be less busy during the busy season.

Pig raising is a tedious and messy thing to do. Once you sort out the priorities and complete them one by one, it will be quick and easy.

Besides, Liu Er's daughter-in-law is usually a quiet person, following her sister-in-law Liu Lanhua silently behind her, but she is very good at running the house and doing the housework.

Jiang Qiuyue told her that she had never raised piglets, so she took the initiative to lead the way. She led Jiang Qiuyue to do this and that every day, keeping the breeding area clean and not as messy as she had expected. The stench was overwhelming.

After gradually getting into the regular routine and getting used to the daily labor routine, they became more and more proficient at doing things, basically achieving the effect of getting twice the result with half the effort, and gradually had more free time.

Jiang Qiuyue took advantage of her free time to tidy up the place where she would live in the future like a home.

The small brick house has about a dozen square meters inside and is long and narrow, so it doesn't look big from the outside. In fact, the space inside is not that cramped, and it's OK for one person to live in.

Jiang Qiuyue first drew a curtain on the middle wall, dividing it into two rooms, inside and outside, with people living inside and the outside serving as the living room.

On the three walls of the bedroom inside, she found old newspapers and pasted them from the root to the height of a person, covering the exposed blue-gray bricks to prevent dust from falling.

The ground was primitive mud. There was nothing that could be done about it and it was not suitable for large movements. Jiang Qiuyue only used iron shovels to flatten and compact the ground. When there was no water, it was no different from the cement floor.

The entire innermost side against the wall was a kang, and the left and right ends were connected to the wall. It was of moderate width. Jiang Qiuyue cleaned it and settled on it.

Later, in order to block the dust falling on the roof tiles, Jiang Qiuyue found an ordinary white mosquito net, nailed nails at the four corners, and hung it above the head of the kang. She put it down in summer to prevent mosquitoes and put it up to block dust at other times. .

It was more than enough for her to lie alone on the kang, so she put the floor cabinet at one end to use as a table, and nailed a row of tacks on the three walls next to each other to hang clothes, canvas, towels and the like.