Chapter 66-70

Chapter 66
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 65Next chapter: Chapter 67
After the incident at the Educated Youth Affairs Office, Jiang Qiuyue's life returned to its previous peace. She spent the day collecting grass, feeding pigs, and doing her own thing.

Peng Jingye hadn't shown up for a week. Jiang Qiuyue never saw him when she passed by the political commissar's door every day. She didn't know if he was on another mission.

Liu Aiying went to the breeding place when she still had time, saying that the atmosphere in the west room of the Educated Youth Yard had become depressing and she felt uncomfortable staying with Zhao Meili, so she might as well do odd jobs at Jiang Qiuyue's place.

Jiang Qiuyue stayed with her as she pleased. Anyway, Liu Aiying and Liu's second daughter-in-law got along well, and they helped her with all the work. There was no shortage of sweet potatoes, dried wild fruits in the small yard, so Jiang Qiuyue entertained her with those. Liu Aiying liked to eat and work more quickly.

On the eighth day, Jiang Qiuyue came back from hunting pigweed early in the morning and passed by the political commissar's courtyard again. The political commissar opened the door and called out to her.

"Stop wandering around. If you come in and ask me, I won't say anything. Come in." The political commissar waved to Jiang Qiuyue.

Jiang Qiuyue smiled sheepishly, followed in, and took out a bag of bright yellow wild apricots as a token of filial piety, which she had picked while hunting pigweed on the mountain.

The political commissar asked her to wash up, and the two of them shared the food. He asked her if she was thinking about the brat named Peng. The sour look on her face was probably caused by Xingzi.

Jiang Qiuyue only said that he had not seen him for a long time. He was on a mission, and she was worried that he would be injured again.

The political commissar took a bite of the sweet apricot and glanced at the little girl's lustful appearance without realizing it. He was obviously very concerned about her, but he still refused to admit that he liked her and only regarded her as a friend.

"I didn't go on a mission," the political commissar replied. The current situation has changed recently, so how could he be allowed to go out for a wander.

Jiang Qiuyue breathed a sigh of relief, she was fine, but when she heard the political commissar's slow next sentence, her heart suddenly jumped into her throat.

The political commissar added in a wicked tone, "It's true that the person was injured. Who told him to do it on his own? That's right!" Biting the apricot flesh hard, the political commissar's tone sounded like he hated iron for not being able to become steel.

"Uh, calm down, what happened to him and he was injured again?" Jiang Qiuyue asked anxiously.

The political commissar waved his hands and was a little too lazy to mention it, but finally told her that the brat had not done any good things recently, and had not done any normal training. He just went to the mountains to find some genius treasure. Unfortunately, he was attacked by a blind bear and was slapped several times. .

He said he didn't take it seriously, but Jiang Qiuyue was frightened when she heard it, and quickly asked if the last person was okay.

The political commissar didn't answer immediately, and picked another big fat apricot to eat. He hung her up for a while before saying that the brat had escaped by pretending to be dead, and then shot the bear in the head and killed it.

However, even if the blind bear was killed, Peng Jingye was seriously injured after being slapped a few times on the chest. He vomited blood and fainted after holding on to the military camp to reveal the location of the dead bear.