Chapter 121-125

Chapter 121
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 120Next chapter: Chapter 122
On the first day of the New Year in 2076, Jiang Qiuyue was woken up by the sound of firecrackers early in the morning. After a moment of confusion, she turned around and saw the man lying next to her.

Peng Jingye was lying in the other bed next to her in a standard sleeping posture, just like the way he lay down after getting on the bed last night, and he kept it all night long.

Jiang Qiuyue chuckled, sighing in her heart that she was indeed a soldier, and even had to be strict with herself when sleeping.

The way he got on the kang last night really scared her. She thought he was planning to do something bad. It turned out that it was just a loud thunder and a small rain to scare her.

The slight movement beside him made Peng Jingye wake up from his deep sleep immediately, and happened to see Jiang Qiuyue snickering and peeking at him.

Teasing flashed across his clear black eyes. Peng Jingye suddenly stretched out his big hand, hugged the person to his chest, raised his fair chin with his other hand, raised his head and kissed her.

Jiang Qiuyue threw herself on his chest and resisted the fluttering, clenching her teeth and not letting go. She pinched Peng Jingye's thin waist and finally pushed away the guy who suddenly turned into a wolf.

She quickly turned over and hid in her bed, with only her head exposed, and kicked him through the quilt.

"Master, hurry up and cook!" Jiang Qiuyue gritted her teeth and rushed him to get up.

It is customary for men to get up and cook breakfast on the first day of the Lunar New Year. It is not difficult, just cook and heat the ingredients prepared in advance last night.

Moreover, she hadn't even brushed her teeth when she woke up, so she wasn't willing to kiss him.

"As you command, wife." Peng Jingye stared at her with a half-smile and replied, letting her go for now.

He stretched, exhaled, soothed the burning sensation in his heart, and got up to cook.

The snow has stopped outside, and everything is silvery white, with thick falling snow everywhere on the ground, walls, and roofs.

It is said that auspicious snow heralds a good harvest. I hope that the situation will be better this year and people will no longer be hungry.

Peng Jingye put on his military coat and his cowhide boots squeaked on the snow. He immediately left a series of footprints unique to him in the snow-white courtyard, which made him very happy after seeing them.

He first went to look at the fire of the kang. The firewood added last night was almost burned, so he added a few more firewood.

The sky was still gray, so Jiang Qiuyue could hide in the warm quilt and have another deep sleep.

However, the sound of firecrackers continued outside, and she couldn't fall asleep inside, so she simply put on new clothes and got up.

They had a good meal last night and had a lot of oil and water in their stomachs, so they cooked relatively light food this morning.

Peng Jingye heated up the two meat dishes of fish and stewed chicken, and then mixed them with two plates of cold dishes, one plate of vermicelli and one plate of vinegared cabbage, plus white steamed buns and rice porridge that had been warmed overnight. It was a cold morning. It is really a very comfortable thing to eat something hot and full.

When the sky dawned, the two of them had breakfast, locked the door of the breeding area, and rode to celebrate the New Year.

They first went to pay homage to the old battalion commander and received two big red envelopes, plus the bicycles were replaced by a jeep. The old battalion commander waved his hand and lent them the car, so they could go and have fun today.