Piece Of Cake?

Y/N's POV:
I was walking to my house when i saw a vending machine. I was so tired and thirsty. I took a bottle of gatorade and sat down on a bench near me, thinking of how my day went. I love singing. I also write songs and i can even play a guitar. I had a singing audition today. It was for a movie. It was going to be a trilogy and if they liked me, they would have signed me for its all three parts. But unfortunately i was rejected.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Then I heard my phone ringing.
It was a call from my best friend Ryan.
I met him in my high school. We were so close friends and he supported me in every decision i take in my life.
"Hello" i said picking up the call.
"Y/n, buddy how are you? How did your audition go?" He asked cheerfully.
"They rejected me" i said in a defeated tone.
"Its okay dude, Its Their loss. There are many other auditions where you can try." He said
"Thank you. I'll call you later Ryan i need some time alone" i said
"Okay.. hey wait..?"
"Yeah?"
"Veronica was looking for you. She looked mad. Call her" he said.
"Okay thanks and take care" i says having up the call.
Veronica is my girlfriend. I met her in high school too and we were dating since a very long time
'Why is she mad? Maybe because i didn't called her after my audition' I thought.

I quickly dialed her number.
"Hello baby" i said as she answered my my call in just 2 rings.
"Where the hell are you? You didn't even came to college today" she scolded.
"Sorry. I told you, I had an audition today" i said.
"Oh i forgot. What about it? You were rejected weren't you?" She asked

'She forgot?' I said to myself.

"Yeah" i said sadly.
"Y/n, I've told you a million times that singing is not your piece of cake. Why do you even try?" She said. That made me even more sad.
"Yeah-I-sorry" i was trying to say something but she cut me off.
"Anyways. Where are you now?"she asked.
"I was just heading to my home" i said.
"Okay hurry up. I'll be there within 30 minutes" she said. She hung up the call before i could ask anything.

I lied down on the couch and turned on the TV. Veronica's words were still running my mind.
'She is right i guess. I should give up. I am already graduating in few months so i think i must focus on my real career than singing.' I thought.
I love singing, I can play guitar and i even write songs on my own. Thats my hobby and i enjoy doing it more than anything. I even uploaded some of my songs of soundcloud. I've got an average response from there.

"Selena Gomez Tops the charts again with her new EP 'Revelación'." A reporter said on the TV.

"Well theres her. There's nothing Selena Gomez can't do" i said to myself listening to the song they played of her from her Revelación EP.

Then i heard a knock at my door.
I opened the door revealing veronica in a beautiful dress.
"You look gorgeous, babe" i said
"Thanks." She said and got in.
"What were you doing " she asked while getting a water bottle from the fridge.
"I just got home" i said.
"Well, dont think about the audition and just relax" she said coming closer to me. I just hummed.
She came even closer and cupped my face in her hand. I gulped. She leaned and pulled me into a passionate kiss.
I kissed her back while wrapping my arms around her waist.
I slowly moved down and started kissing her neck. She arched back letting out a soft moan. When I tried kissing her chest, she stopped me.
"I am sorry baby, we cant. I am going to a party with my friends." She said fixing her hair.
"Oh its okay" i said sadly looking down.
"Hey" she pulled up my face from my chin. I hummed
"I needed some money. If that's okay" she said with puppy dog eyes.
I cant say no to that face.
"Of course" i said.
She kissed me on my lips and left after getting the money.

I was cooking dinner for myself when i heard another knock at my door. I opened the door. It was Mr. Wilson. He is my neighbour and he is probably here for money.
"Good evening mr. Wilson please come in". I moved back so he can enter.
He took a seat on the couch.
"Y/n I am here to talk about..." he said and i cut him off.
"Yeah i am sorry i will pay your money back in this month for sure. Please" i requested. He sighed and patted my shoulder.
"Its okay y/n. You are a smart kid, thats why i let you borrow money at first place. If you have any problem, i am just a knock away" He said getting up.
"Do you want some coffee?" I asked.
"No I am fine. My family is waiting for me at dinner." He said and he left after exchanging good byes.

He is a good guy. I am paying him in installments as i borrowed some money for my college fees. But i haven't paid him even half of the amount i borrowed yet.
Along with studying at college i have a part time job at a store. I work there for 7 hours everyday. I earn enough to spend on my daily needs and tutuion fees. But sometimes veronica falls in need for some money so i have to give her. Well i am her boyfriend i owe her that atleast.

It was late night and i was still awake. Thinking of random thoughts about my life, my career, my friends and veronica. Then some lyrics popped into my mind. Without wasting any time i got up and headed towards a small room, where i record or write my songs.

I pulled out my guitar and checked its strings. That is my favorite guitar. I have so many memories linked to it.
I wrote all the lyrics on my notepad and started forming them in a song. It was not a complete song, just some lines which i wanted to give a try.

If you ever leave me, baby
Leave some morphine at my door
'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication
To realize what we used to have
We don't have it anymore

There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long my knees are on the floor (oh)
So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'
To keep you by my side
To keep you from walkin' out the door

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

It Will Rain
Song by Bruno Mars

I turned off the mic and placed my guitar back. I was satisfied by the lyrics. I saved my recording and went back to my bed. I fell asleep soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selena's POV:

"Urghh!" I groaned and leaned back on my chair.
"What is it Sel?" Raquelle, my best friend/my roommate asked.
"I can't write a fucking song!" I said throwing away the notepad in anger.
"Calm down babe! Easy on yourselves" raquelle giggled.
"How can I? I have promised SG3 to my fans this year and so far I've written only one song" i sighed.
"Dont worry sel, you will do it. Why dont you find some writers?" Raquelle said.
"Thats a pretty cool idea raquelle. I can get some help from other writers." I said.
"See! Solved. So who do i call? Taylor? Camila? Or.." she asked and i cut her off.
"No not them." I said
"Then who?" She asked confused.
"Why dont we find someone else. "
I said.
"What do you mean?someone?"she asked
"I dont know yet. But we will get to it" i said and winked at her getting back to my bedroom.

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter.
Dms always open for Suggestions/improvements.
Dont forget to give a star.