Heal Me

Lilah got to his door and banged on it.

'Bang! Bang! Bang!'

She hit her fist aggressively on his room's door. "Open this door right now!" Her voice shivered amidst the words.

"Go away, Lilah!"

"Just open this door before I break it down!" Lilah wasn't settled.

Her eyes searched around her, fingers running through her scattered hair, looking every bit like the model of a crazy woman.

Without replying, Asher poured an obscene amount of alcohol down his throat.

Lilah kicked on the door, and it creaked. She used both hands to forcefully push it and it broke down at once.

Asher didn't turn, let alone fright. He was seated there on the cold floor of his room, drinking.

Lilah wiped off the dust that lurked in the air and rushed in. Her eyes widened as silent tears of fear streamed down her swollen face. Her trembling lips dropped open to see him in such a state. She rushed to collect the bottle from his hand, but with one push; he threw her across the room.

"Don't tell me you're trying to kill yourself! Your kitchen stinks of wolfsbane!" more tears pricked in her eyes as she struggled. Helping herself up from the fall.

"Why does it matter to you? Just leave me alone! This is ordinary alcohol." he explained, gulping down more of it.

"Alpha Asher, what are you doing to yourself? You haven't been to work for two weeks." Lilah's face scrunched in deep concentration.

"What's the point? Tell me, what's the point of working? What is the point of living? What's the point of breathing when there is no one to share your life with? Why should I bother? Who am I impressing? Who am I competing with? Because if there's any competition somewhere, then I'm off. I've given up, already. My life is pointless, Lilah! Don't stop me!" He gulped down the enormous bottle of wine at hand.

She walked up to him, kneeling right next to him.

"I know you loved my sister. Everyone was excited and preparing for your wedding but she's dead. And you need to move on. You need to roll with life no matter what else, you'll break. What happens when our Alpha is weak?" She gritted her teeth at the words. "I heard Nicholas wants to dethrone you!"

"Whatever," Asher grabbed his pounding head with immense pain. "Let him. Please... I will gladly step down without fighting. I have no strength, Lilah. There is nothing for me. I've lost my mate. How would I dare to live?"

"Please, don't say things like this. You're a leader. You're born for this. I know you can. You can move on! Who said you can't?" Lilah quickly replied. She did not look pleased but she did not argue.

"Move on to what? Move on to what, Lilah? Move on to darkness, sorrows, grief? There's nothing left for me to move onto." Tears clouded his sea-green eyes that had now gone red and sore.

"Asher, you're making it seem like you're the only one who lost someone. I also lost my sister. And my best friend. We lived like twins and you of all people know how close we were! Do you see me acting like this?"

"Maybe all of that was pretense. Maybe you didn't love her enough." A single tear rolled down from his sea-green eyes to his angular chin.

Lilah's eyes glittered at his words. His words held a heavy effect on her.

"Maybe none of you loved her how I do to move on so fast." Asher bitterly growled.

'Twwaaack A hot slap whizzed across his face.