Fated, Not Destined

Lilah was on her laptop system. She was searching for any relevant company to work with after she put to bed. Definitely not Sure West because of Asher and not Jordan company as well. Conan didn't fire her, but it was better she resigned because of the betrayal. It was better she stayed away.

The click on a website brought out an article, which she briefly read through. Abruptly, the doorbell rang.

'Griin... Griiinnn... Grriiinnn!'

Its loud buzz made her stand up and rushed downstairs. Lilah was 4 months pregnant, so her baby bomb was visible under her dress.

Eliana peeped and pressed the doorbell again.

"I'm coming!" Lilah's voice echoed from inside and Eliana smiled, waiting patiently.

Then suddenly, the door pulled open.

"Hi there?" Eliana rushed to her with a hug.

"Elie, what's up! It's been ages!" Lilah gently pulled out of the hug. "Come in."

She offered as Eliana followed her in.

The Rhys mansion was beautifully structured. They weren't the richest in the state, but they had an amazing home.

"You literally forgot about me. Lilah brought up. That's unfair. Knowing that you're the only friend I have after Asena and Conan." She looked down with guilt.

"You know that's impossible. I've just been so busy with work lately. I hardly have time for myself. Working at sure west gets tougher and tougher. You can't imagine."

"Since I got married, you haven't visited me even once!" Lilah complained. "Are we still friends?"

"Oh, Lee. Stop saying it like that. You know I wouldn't abandon you intentionally. I'm sorry. You know how difficult times can get. I've been really occupied." Eliana pointed out.

"It's okay." Lilah's face brightened up with a smile. "What would you like to eat or drink?"

"Don't bother about that. I'm fine. So tell me, how's living with Asher like?" Eliana asked interestedly. "How's married life?"

"Well, everything is going smoothly. This is my home now and everything is going well.

"Okay, that's good to hear. Eliana replied with a cynical look. But the last I remembered, Asher was meant to you. How does he treat you now that you're his wife?"

Lilah's smile died right away. "How else should he treat me? Considering the fact that we married under such awful circumstances of our marriage."

"No, don't talk like that. My dear, he is your husband. And he should treat you like a Luna. You should be his female counterpart and not his maid. You should be his queen.

"His queen?" She scoffed at the word. "Eliana, you're sounding as if he's treating me bad. Asher is not treating me like his slave, but he's trying. You know we are not in love with each other. You know we only got married because of my pregnancy. That was the punishment we had to face because of the were-pack's judgement, and I'm fine with it. Perhaps, I shouldn't accept this just because I think it's fate. There is nowhere I can be doesn't mean it's where I am meant to be. Asher and I are destined to be married, not fated."

"Look, I suggest you move on with your life. Don't our mistakes makes our fates too? By now, understand that fate doesn't care about our plans. It decides who comes into our lives. Who leaves and who stays?" Eliana shook her head and shrugged.

"I still long for Conan. I still feel his presence around me even though facing him feels... Unbearable." Lilah confessed.

"Uh." Eliana rolled her eyes at her friend, fed up about she not given up yet. "I feel your pains, bestie. But you are now married to Asher. Your souls are now tied together. He is your husband. You both have to leave the past behind and move on with each other."